* LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex can't compiled
@ 2004-11-18 18:34 VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-11-18 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I'm trying to compile
http://www.berenddeboer.net/tex/LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex in my FC3 box (tetex
2.0.2). But it does not work:

$ texexec --interface=en --pdf --environment=screen --mode=screen LaTeX2ConTeXt
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-syn.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-enc.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-siz.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-map.tex
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-context-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: pl0-ams-cmr.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-vogel-symbol.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-ams-euler.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-adobe-utopia.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-bit-charter.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-public-antp.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-public-antt.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-bookman.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-courier.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-helvetica.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-palatino.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-times.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-urw-zapfchan.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-youngryu-px.map
pdftex         : needs map file: original-youngryu-tx.map
pdftex         : needs map file: ec-bh-lucida.map
) (/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-spe.tex)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/type-exa.tex))

! Font \*12ptrmtf*=utmr8t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                  \let \localrelativefontsiz...

\fontstrategy ...ame #1\csname #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                  \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                  \fi \iftryingfont \fontstr...

\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                  \relax \fi \ifskipfontchar...
<argument> \getvalue {\@style@ \fontstyle }
                                           \edef \fontstyle {\fontstyle }\if...
l.3 \setupbodyfont[ber,pos]

?

I have tried with pdfetex 1.10b & 1.20b. But the same error was found.

Anyone could tell me how to fix this please.

Thank you in advance,

PS: I have already file screen.tex in current directory when compiling.

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex can't compiled
@ 2004-11-18 19:19 ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2004-11-18 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex can't compiled
@ 2004-11-18 19:29   ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2004-11-18 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:19:15 +1300, Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com> wrote:

> VnPenguin <vnpenguin@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > ! Font \*12ptrmtf*=utmr8t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
> > not found.
>
> This looks like a fairly basic error. You don't seem to have the
> metric files for postscript fonts, so it looks your installation
> is not complete.

Could you tell me where I could found TFM files for this fonts ?

> I guess this document doesn't compile either:
>
> - ----------
> \setupbodyfont[ber,pos]
>
> \starttext
>
> hello.
>
> \stoptext
> - ----------

You're right !

> For now, just comment out the setupbodyfont in screen.tex or
> paper.tex. You will use the standard TeX fonts, not the postscript
> fonts.

Yes, by commenting this font setting, I could compile.

Thank you,

Q.NGUYEN-DAI

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex can't compiled
@ 2004-11-22  8:35     ` Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 2004-11-22  8:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex can't compiled
@ 2004-12-02 16:42 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-02 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

[...]

> I have tried with pdfetex 1.10b & 1.20b. But the same error was found.
>
> Anyone could tell me how to fix this please.

perhaps this helps:

in screen.tex:
\startenvironment screen

\usetypescript[adobekb] [ec]
\setupbodyfont[pos]

[....]

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Re: LaTeX2ConTeXt.tex can't compiled
@ 2004-12-02 17:22   ` Boris Tschirschwitz
From: Boris Tschirschwitz @ 2004-12-02 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

Is it possible to have ConTeXt/LaTeX generate the pure TeX code one would
have after expanding all macros?

Boris.

@ 2004-12-02 18:09     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2004-12-02 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Boris Tschirschwitz wrote:

> Is it possible to have ConTeXt/LaTeX generate the pure TeX code one
> would have after expanding all macros?

\tracingall + some scripting could get you an end i guess but it's no fun

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2004-12-02 19:25       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2004-12-02 19:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

>> Is it possible to have ConTeXt/LaTeX generate the pure TeX code one
>> would have after expanding all macros?
>
> \tracingall + some scripting could get you an end i guess but it's no fun

Make sure you got some gigabytes left on your hard disk.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net