* Cover: how to make it ?
@ 2005-02-23 12:37 VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-02-23 12:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I would like to make a cover for my document (print mode) like the one
of minstall.pdf or mlabels.pdf.
Anyone could give me some examples please.

Thank you in advance,
Q.

* Re: Cover: how to make it ?
@ 2005-02-23 14:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-02-23 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to make a cover for my document (print mode) like the one
> of minstall.pdf or mlabels.pdf.
> Anyone could give me some examples please.

\setupcolors[state=start]

\startuseMPgraphic{cover}
    StartPage ;
      fill Page withcolor .5green ;
      path p ; p := unitcircle randomized .1 xsized(PaperWidth-1cm) ;
      fill p shifted -center p shifted center Page  withcolor red ;
    StopPage ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\defineoverlay[cover][\useMPgraphic{cover}]

\starttext

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=cover]

\startstandardmakeup
   \raggedcenter
   \vfill \definedfont[SerifBold at 48pt]\setstrut \strut Penguins in Vietnam
   \blank[2*big] \definedfont[SerifBold at 24pt]\setstrut \strut A Very Short Story
   \vfill
\stopstandardmakeup

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=]

\input tufte

\stoptext

an alternative is to use a layer and position text using the layer mechanism

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Cover: how to make it ?
@ 2005-02-23 15:03   ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-02-23 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:55:21 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I would like to make a cover for my document (print mode) like the one
> > of minstall.pdf or mlabels.pdf.
> > Anyone could give me some examples please.
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>
> \startuseMPgraphic{cover}
>     StartPage ;
>       fill Page withcolor .5green ;
>       path p ; p := unitcircle randomized .1 xsized(PaperWidth-1cm) ;
>       fill p shifted -center p shifted center Page  withcolor red ;
>     StopPage ;
> \stopuseMPgraphic

> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
>
> an alternative is to use a layer and position text using the layer mechanism
>
> Hans

Thank you so much Hans !
Q.