* replace chapter text by an image, possible ?
@ 2005-05-19 18:34 VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-05-19 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I would like to know if it's possible to replace the chapter text by an image ?
How to do that ? And in this case, how to insert a normal text into
TOC manually in order to have a normal TOC.

Thank you in advance,
Regards,

* Re: replace chapter text by an image, possible ?
@ 2005-05-19 21:55 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-05-19 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to know if it's possible to replace the chapter text by an image ?
> How to do that ? And in this case, how to insert a normal text into
> TOC manually in order to have a normal TOC.
>
> Thank you in advance,

thanks for asking a simple question -)

\useexternalfigure[chapter-1][cow.pdf]
\useexternalfigure[chapter-2][hacker.jpg]

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [command=\MyChapterCommand]

\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%
   {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}

\starttext

\chapter{One}
\chapter{Two}

\stoptext

this solution looks wiki-able to me, so ...

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2005-05-20 23:06   ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-05-20 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/19/05, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I would like to know if it's possible to replace the chapter text by an image ?
> > How to do that ? And in this case, how to insert a normal text into
> > TOC manually in order to have a normal TOC.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
>
> thanks for asking a simple question -)

hehe, for you yes, for me, maybe not simple :)

> \useexternalfigure[chapter-1][cow.pdf]
> \useexternalfigure[chapter-2][hacker.jpg]
>
> \setuphead
>    [chapter]
>    [command=\MyChapterCommand]
>
> \def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%
>    {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{One}
> \chapter{Two}
>
> \stoptext
>
> this solution looks wiki-able to me, so ...

Your code works fine. However when I try to add TOC:

\chapter{One}
\section{One-1}

\chapter{Two}
\section{Two-1}

\setuplist [chapter][before=\blank, after=\blank,
style={\switchtobodyfont[20pt]\bf}]
\setuplist [section][margin=2em, width=3em]
\setuplist [chapter,section][interaction=all]
\setupcombinedlist
       [content]
       [alternative=c, aligntitle=no, width=2em]

\placelist[chapter,section]

In the TOC result, there are ONLY item for section. You see, this
question is not simple at all :)

Thank you,

* Re: replace chapter text by an image, possible ?
@ 2005-05-24  9:29     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-05-24  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> On 5/19/05, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>
>>VnPenguin wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>I would like to know if it's possible to replace the chapter text by an image ?
>>>How to do that ? And in this case, how to insert a normal text into
>>>TOC manually in order to have a normal TOC.
>>>
>>>Thank you in advance,
>>
>>\useexternalfigure[chapter-1][cow.pdf]
>>\useexternalfigure[chapter-2][hacker.jpg]
>>
>>\setuphead
>>   [chapter]
>>   [command=\MyChapterCommand]
>>
>>\def\MyChapterCommand#1#2%
>>   {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}
>
> Your code works fine. However when I try to add TOC:
>
> \chapter{One}
> \section{One-1}
>
> \chapter{Two}
> \section{Two-1}
>
> \setuplist [chapter][before=\blank, after=\blank,
> style={\switchtobodyfont[20pt]\bf}]
> \setuplist [section][margin=2em, width=3em]
> \setuplist [chapter,section][interaction=all]
> \setupcombinedlist
>        [content]
>        [alternative=c, aligntitle=no, width=2em]
>
> \placelist[chapter,section]
>
> In the TOC result, there are ONLY item for section. You see, this
> question is not simple at all :)

I don't know the mechanisms behind the scenes, but I suppose that you
override placing the chapter in TOC if you make your own
"command=\MyChapterCommand".

(Line 2034 in core-sec.tex is \c!command=\@@placehead. Is this one
perhaps responsible for the strange behavior?)

However this solves the problem:

\setuphead
    [chapter]
    [textcommand=\MyChapterTextCommand,
     numbercommand=\MyChapterNumberCommand]

\def\MyChapterNumberCommand#1{} % hide chapter number

\def\MyChapterTextCommand#1%
    {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}

Mojca

* Re: replace chapter text by an image, possible ?
@ 2005-05-24 18:06       ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-05-24 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/24/05, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know the mechanisms behind the scenes, but I suppose that you
> override placing the chapter in TOC if you make your own
> "command=\MyChapterCommand".
>
> (Line 2034 in core-sec.tex is \c!command=\@@placehead. Is this one
> perhaps responsible for the strange behavior?)
>
> However this solves the problem:
>

> \setuphead
>     [chapter]
>     [textcommand=\MyChapterTextCommand,
>      numbercommand=\MyChapterNumberCommand]
>
> \def\MyChapterNumberCommand#1{} % hide chapter number
>
> \def\MyChapterTextCommand#1%
>     {\externalfigure[chapter-\currentheadnumber][height=5cm]}

Wow, it works :-)
Thank you a lot,
Regards

--