* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-12 11:26 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2006-02-12 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote

> Can you try \noexpand\nomarking ?
>
> (I'll double-check tomorrow)

Thanks, that works.

Elliot

* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-12 10:42 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-12 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> thanks for the start/stopArticle macro. Is there any way to make it
> work with \nomarking? I need to be able truncate headings.

Can you try \noexpand\nomarking ?

(I'll double-check tomorrow)

Taco

* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-11 16:49 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2006-02-11 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2006-02-06 18:10 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2006-02-06 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater, wrote:

> My mistake, sorry.
>
> You need and \expanded around the call to \Article, because
> otherwise the macro names \ArticleAuthor etc. end up in the
> list instead of their content. So please change that line to:
>
>    \expanded{\Article{\ArticleTitle -- \ArticleAuthor}}
>
> (you have to delete the current .tuo file also to make the
> error go away)

It works now. Thanks. Just what I wanted.

Elliot

* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-06 15:16 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-06 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> Hi Taco,
>
> Thanks for the suggestion. It looks good.
>
> I set up a test document, and cut and pased your example. Alas, it
> won't compile.

> Any idea what's wrong?

My mistake, sorry.

You need and \expanded around the call to \Article, because
otherwise the macro names \ArticleAuthor etc. end up in the
list instead of their content. So please change that line to:

   \expanded{\Article{\ArticleTitle -- \ArticleAuthor}}

(you have to delete the current .tuo file also to make the
error go away)

Cheers, Taco

* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-06 14:08 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2006-02-06 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

Thanks for the suggestion. It looks good.

I set up a test document, and cut and pased your example. Alas, it
won't compile.

Output from texexec:

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> \ArticleTitle
                         -- \ArticleAuthor
\listtextcommand #1->\begstrut #1
                                 \endstrut
\doattributes ...sname #1#2\@EA \endcsname \fi {#4
                                                  }\dostopattributes
<argument> ... {\ArticleTitle -- \ArticleAuthor }}
                                                  \egroup \ifdim \wd 4=\zero...

\secondoftwoarguments #1#2->#2

\dosomelistelement ...hss \dostoplistattributes }}
                                                  \endgraf \nointerlineskip ...
l.16 ...- \ArticleAuthor }{2::0:2:0:0:0:0:0::1}{1}

Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Elliot

* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-06 10:18 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-06 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> I found the cause of  the problem there was a problem with the value I
> was passing to \chapter{} that prevented the chapter title from being
> shown in the ToC.
>
> I've a second ToC related question.
>
> Is it possible to more text to a ToC entry?  As I want to list both
> chapter titles and the author.

Here is a trick that may help:

% in environment file:
\setuphead[chapter][number=no]
\definehead[Article][chapter]
\setuphead[Article][number=no,placehead=no,before=,after=,page=]
\definecombinedlist[Article][Article][alternative=c]

\def\startArticle[#1]%
   {\begingroup
    \getparameters[Article][#1]%
    \chapter{\ArticleTitle}%                   this is typeset
    \Article{\ArticleTitle -- \ArticleAuthor}% this is the toc entry
    }

\def\stopArticle%
   {\blank\rightline{\ArticleAuthor}\endgroup}

% in text
\starttext
\placecombinedlist[Article]
\startArticle[Author=Thor,Title=The title]
\stopArticle
\stoptext

* Re: ToC problem
@ 2006-02-05 23:04 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2006-02-05 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I found the cause of  the problem there was a problem with the value I was
passing to \chapter{} that prevented the chapter title from being shown in
the ToC.

I've a second ToC related question.

Is it possible to more text to a ToC entry?  As I want to list both chapter
titles and the author.

Something like:

[chapter-title][author].....................................[page no.]

Elliot

* Re: ToC Problem
@ 2006-02-05 11:45 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-05 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Elliot Clifton wrote:
> The list will render  correctly but not the ToC. I could use the list
> rather than the combined list, but I want get combined list working as I
> have yet to have any success with them whem using my own heads.
>
> Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

It works for me. But your definition of success may be different
from mine, so I suggest posting a minimal file exhibiting the error.

Taco

* ToC Problem
@ 2006-02-05  0:30 Elliot Clifton
From: Elliot Clifton @ 2006-02-05  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)