* Bad Split TABLEs
@ 2006-06-12 23:28 Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2006-06-12 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

LONG tables form a significant part of my thesis. I put the thesis together
entirely in XML and have a "stylesheet" matching that XML into ConTeXt.
While ConTeXt is doing a great job with the rest, split TABLEs are not
working - despite Hans' repeatedly answering my pleas with patches. I
concluded that I might have a problem of my XML-to-ConTeXt matching rather
than ConTeXt itself at hand and pulled a part of my thesis flanking and
including the most unwieldy multipage table into ConTeXt proper (see
attachment). The problems persist and I'd like to poll the accumulated
ConTeXtitians on hints towards a solution of them, specifically:
- split tables without body content
- textbody text and tables "overflowing" the pages.
- multiple splits per page

I'd be very happy about any hints on how to remedy this document-spoiler ...

Thanks, Joh