* [NTG-context] what am I missing in the typescript?
@ 2024-05-15 11:38 madiazm.eoicc
From: madiazm.eoicc @ 2024-05-15 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure my document to use Libertinus font for the general text and Cormorant for the headings, but I can't get the cormorant-font applied (neither in the text self). The Libertinus fonts get loaded without problems but for cormorant I don't get even a message in log, as if it was invisible.
What am I missing? here my script:

\definefontfeature[Libertinusfeatures][
  mode=node,
  ccmp=yes, % character composition
  liga=yes, tlig=yes, % ligatures
  tnum=yes,
  cpsp=yes, % capital spacing
  kern=yes,
  language=dflt,
  protrusion=quality,
  expansion=quality,
]

\definefontfeature[smallcaps][% use with \addff
  smcp=yes, % smallcaps
  % c2sc=yes, % caps to smallcaps
]

\starttypescript[serif][libertinus]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSerif-Regular]           [file:/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Regular.otf]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSerif-Italic]            [file:/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Italic.otf]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSerif-Bold]              [file:/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Semibold.otf]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSerif-BoldItalic]        [file:/fonts/LibertinusSerif-SemiboldItalic.otf]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSerif-Slanted]           [file:/fonts/LibertinusSerif-Italic.otf]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[serif][libertinus][name]

\definefontsynonym [Serif]             [LibertinusSerif-Regular]     	[features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SerifRegular]      [LibertinusSerif-Regular]     	[features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]       [LibertinusSerif-Italic]      	[features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]      [LibertinusSerif-Italic]       [features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]         [LibertinusSerif-Regular]    	[features={Libertinusfeatures,smallcaps}]
\definefontsynonym [SerifBold]         [LibertinusSerif-Bold]        	[features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]   [LibertinusSerif-BoldItalic]   [features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted]  [LibertinusSerif-BoldItalic]      	[features=Libertinusfeatures]

\stoptypescript

% SANS

\starttypescript[sans][libertinussans]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSans-Regular]    [file:/fontsSans/LibertinusSans-Regular.otf]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSans-Italic]     [file:/fontsSans/LibertinusSans-Italic.otf]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusSans-Bold]       [file:/fontsSans/LibertinusSans-Bold.otf]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[sans][libertinussans][name]
\definefontsynonym [Sans]             [LibertinusSans-Regular]    [features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SansItalic]       [LibertinusSans-Italic]     [features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SansSlanted]      [LibertinusSans-Italic]     [features=Libertinusfeatures]
\definefontsynonym [SansCaps]         [LibertinusSans-Regular]    [features={Libertinusfeatures,smallcaps}]
\definefontsynonym [SansBold]         [LibertinusSans-Bold]        [features=Libertinusfeatures]
\stoptypescript

%MONO

\starttypescript[mono][libertinusmono]
\definefontsynonym[LibertinusMono-Regular]    [file:/fontsMono/LibertinusMono-Regular.otf]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[mono][libertinusmono][name]
\definefontsynonym [Mono]             [LibertinusMono-Regular]    [features=none]
\stoptypescript

%CORMORANT

\starttypescript[serif][cormorant]
\definefontsynonym[Cormorant-Regular]    [file:/fonts/Cormorant-Regular.otf]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[serif][cormorant][name]
\definefontsynonym [SerifRegular]             [Cormorant-Regular]    [features=default]
\stoptypescript

% FAMILY

\starttypescript[miFuente]
\definetypeface [miFuente] [rm] [serif] [libertinus] [default]
\definetypeface [miFuente] [ss] [sans]  [libertinussans] [default]
\definetypeface [miFuente] [tt] [mono]  [libertinusmono] [default]
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[miCorm]
\definetypeface [miCorm] [rm] [serif] [cormorant] [default]
\stoptypescript

\setupbodyfont[miFuente, 12pt]

\starttext

\startsection[title=Aspectos generales]

Esta guía contiene toda la documentación necesaria para administrar la {\it prueba unificada de certificación} que ha diseñado la comisión de alemán. Se ruega al profesorado que se familiarice con las secciones del documento a través del índice y acuda a ellas según vaya siendo necesario, de manera que se pueda {\bf administrar y corregir} la prueba de la manera más satisfactoria posible.

%%%%%%%%%%% trying to get cormorant working...

\startsubsection[title=Organización de carpetas]
{\switchtobodyfont[miCorm] {\tfc la fuente Cormorant no funciona}}
\stopsubsection

Las carpetas aparecen nombradas {\ss por idioma}, nivel y set de pruebas, no apareciendo ninguna referencia a convocatorias ni tampoco fechas. Sí aparece la referencia a la convocatoria en cada una de las guías de administración para los diferentes niveles.
La carpeta correspondiente a cada nivel contiene las distintas actividades de lengua, los audios para CTO y el audio/vídeo base para la mediación escrita y esta guía con información, solucionarios, transcripciones, tablas de corrección, tablas de conversión y la rúbrica para la mediación. Además se incorporarán subcarpetas con los archivos necesarios para las pruebas orales: monólogos, diálogos y mediaciones orales.

\stopsection
\stoptext

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl

* [NTG-context] Re: what am I missing in the typescript?
@ 2024-05-15 11:52 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2024-05-15 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On 15 May 2024, at 13:38, madiazm.eoicc@gmail.com wrote:
>

> \definefontsynonym [SerifRegular]             [Cormorant-Regular]    [features=default]

The line above should read:

> \definefontsynonym [Serif]             [Cormorant-Regular]    [features=default]

Best wishes,
Taco

@ 2024-05-15 12:01   ` madiazm.eoicc
From: madiazm.eoicc @ 2024-05-15 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

indeed! thanks a lot, I'm trying different things since yesterday and got no clues...

I just adapted it to the other script that works good (and there reads [SerifRegular]...[SerifItalic]...[SerifBold]...

why is no Regular needed here? (just trying to learn....)

thanks in advance

@ 2024-05-15 14:29     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2024-05-15 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

madiazm.eoicc@gmail.com schrieb am 15.05.2024 um 14:01:
> indeed! thanks a lot, I'm trying different things since yesterday and got no clues...
>
> I just adapted it to the other script that works good (and there reads [SerifRegular]...[SerifItalic]...[SerifBold]...
>
> why is no Regular needed here? (just trying to learn....)

Below is a snippet from font-unk.mkxl where you can see which names are
mapped
to a certain font alternative, e.g. \tf (the normal upright style)
expect a fontsynonym
with the name Serif.

\definebodyfont [default] [rm]
   [\s!tf=Serif            sa 1,
    \s!bf=SerifBold        sa 1,
    \s!it=SerifItalic      sa 1,
    \s!sl=SerifSlanted     sa 1,
    \s!bi=SerifBoldItalic  sa 1,
    \s!bs=SerifBoldSlanted sa 1,
    \s!sc=SerifCaps        sa 1] % obsolete, is a font feature now

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl