From: jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>
To: Bruce Horrocks <ntg@scorecrow.com>
Subject: [NTG-context] Re: streams reversed?
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 08:55:14 +1000	[thread overview]

My feeling at the moment is that this might be about the only way one
could go ahead in a production situation, and yes, I am familiar with
PDF tools that can achieve this, though it is effectively stepping aside
from ConTeXt and working with PDF. For that matter I can easily go ahead
with a commercial program that solves all the problems thus far
indicated. I think it is true to say that at the moment, the streams
mechanism is far too klunky to be able to use it extensively. For a
handful of pages (and especially if the two streams re absolutely equal
in length) it is workable. Beyond that, at least for the moment, it is
not, and I am afraid I do not have the luxury of time to try to refine
it. Your efforts, Bruce, are hugely appreciated, but also confirm the
difficulties faced thus far.

Julian