* four printing options (again)
@ 2016-06-24 14:02 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-06-24 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

we have talked about this feature improvement before. You told me to
report again in a month, since TeX Live 2016 was first.

The four printing options would be:

  duplex    page portrait landscape (implemented in the "option" key)

  fixed     (no value is required)

  copies    an number

  pdfsize   yes no

The option copies would implement /NumCopies and pdfsize would implement
/PickTrayByPDFSize, both from the /ViewerPreferences dictionary (as
explained in
https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf#page=365).

It would be great to have a \setupprinting command for these four
options. At least, I think having the four printing options independent
from the viewing options (as the key "option" does right now).

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: four printing options (again)
@ 2016-06-24 14:43 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-06-24 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 24. Juni 2016 um 16:02
> Hans,
>
> we have talked about this feature improvement before. You told me to
> report again in a month, since TeX Live 2016 was first.
>
> The four printing options would be:
>
> duplex page portrait landscape (implemented in the "option" key)
>
> fixed (no value is required)
>
> copies an number
\setupinteractionscreen[copies=<number>]
> pdfsize yes no
The option key for \setupinteractionscreen accepts since a while a list
with arguments, e.g.

    \setupinteractionscreen[option={duplex,fixed}]
> The option copies would implement /NumCopies and pdfsize would implement
> /PickTrayByPDFSize, both from the /ViewerPreferences dictionary (as
> explained in
> https://wwwimages2.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/devnet/pdf/pdfs/PDF32000_2008.pdf#page=365).
>
> It would be great to have a \setupprinting command for these four
> options. At least, I think having the four printing options independent
> from the viewing options (as the key "option" does right now).
Wolfgang

* Re: four printing options (again)
@ 2016-06-24 15:35   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-06-24 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Pablo Rodriguez 24. Juni 2016 um 16:02
>> Hans,
>>
>> we have talked about this feature improvement before. You told me to
>> report again in a month, since TeX Live 2016 was first.
>>
>> The four printing options would be:
>>
>> duplex page portrait landscape (implemented in the "option" key)
>>
>> fixed (no value is required)
>>
>> copies an number
> \setupinteractionscreen[copies=<number>]

Many thanks for your extremely instructive reply, Wolfgang.

>> pdfsize yes no

BTW, this concrete option (/PickTrayByPDFSize) hasn’t been implemented,
has it?

> The option key for \setupinteractionscreen accepts since a while a list
> with arguments, e.g.
>
>    \setupinteractionscreen[option={duplex,fixed}]

All I can say is that I had no idea that this has been enabled.

Many thanks for your help again,

Pablo
--

@ 2016-06-24 16:43     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2016-06-24 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Pablo Rodriguez <mailto:oinos@gmx.es>
> 24. Juni 2016 um 17:35
> On 06/24/2016 04:43 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Pablo Rodriguez 24. Juni 2016 um 16:02
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> we have talked about this feature improvement before. You told me to
>>> report again in a month, since TeX Live 2016 was first.
>>>
>>> The four printing options would be:
>>>
>>> duplex page portrait landscape (implemented in the "option" key)
>>>
>>> fixed (no value is required)
>>>
>>> copies an number
>> \setupinteractionscreen[copies=<number>]
>
> Many thanks for your extremely instructive reply, Wolfgang.
>
>>> pdfsize yes no
>
> BTW, this concrete option (/PickTrayByPDFSize) hasn’t been implemented,
> has it?
This should be enabled (untested) when you use the "paper" option.

Wolfgang

* Re: four printing options (again)
@ 2016-06-24 19:49       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2016-06-24 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Pablo Rodriguez 24. Juni 2016 um 17:35
>> [...]
>>
>> BTW, this concrete option (/PickTrayByPDFSize) hasn’t been
>> implemented, has it?
>
> This should be enabled (untested) when you use the "paper" option.

Many thanks for your reply, Wolfgang.

This is the right option.

Many thanks for the implementation, Hans.

I’ll update the wiki on this topic.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk