* luatools bug?
@ 2008-09-13 13:01 luoyi
From: luoyi @ 2008-09-13 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

in my slackware-current box, Minimals installed:

luoyi@infos1:~/context/tex/texmf-context/context$ luatools --find-file
zhfont.tex

luoyi@infos1:~/context/tex/texmf-context/context$ luatools --find-file
zhfont.tex*
/home/luoyi/context/tex/texmf-context/context/zzz/zhfont.tex

how could I make the luatools find out the correct file ????

* Re: luatools bug?
@ 2008-09-13 19:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-13 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

luoyi wrote:
> in my slackware-current box, Minimals installed:
>
> luoyi@infos1:~/context/tex/texmf-context/context$ luatools --find-file
> zhfont.tex
>
> luoyi@infos1:~/context/tex/texmf-context/context$ luatools --find-file
> zhfont.tex*
> /home/luoyi/context/tex/texmf-context/context/zzz/zhfont.tex
>

> how could I make the luatools find out the correct file ????

hm, interesting; normally the first method should be ok (given that
you've done luatools --generate first); often the following is the most
safe (esp when using * and such) because it does not interfere with any
shell expansion

   luatools --verbose --findfile --pattern="zhfont.tex"

actually

   luatools zhfont.tex

should be ok too for locating the file that tex itself will use

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: luatools bug?
@ 2008-09-14  4:18 ` luoyi
From: luoyi @ 2008-09-14  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hans:

luoyi@4u:~/context$ luatools zhfonts.tex*
/home/luoyi/context/tex/texmf-context/context/zhfonts/zhfonts.tex

luoyi@4u:~/context$ luatools zhfonts.tex

and because of this, after put the zhfonts.tex in my texmf-tree and
`luatools --generate` I still  can't use zhfonts.tex  file.

I've tried this on 2 slackware-linux box. does this mean a bug in
luatools ? could we solved this ?

@ 2008-09-14  7:14   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-09-14  7:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 14.09.2008 um 06:18 schrieb luoyi:

> Hans:
>
> luoyi@4u:~/context$ luatools zhfonts.tex*
> /home/luoyi/context/tex/texmf-context/context/zhfonts/zhfonts.tex

This is the wrong place in your TeX tree

.../texmf-context/tex/context/third/zhfonts/zhfonts.tex but I would
prefer
texmf-local and not texmf-context for my own files.

> luoyi@4u:~/context$ luatools zhfonts.tex
>

> and because of this, after put the zhfonts.tex in my texmf-tree and
> `luatools --generate` I still  can't use zhfonts.tex  file.
>
> I've tried this on 2 slackware-linux box. does this mean a bug in
> luatools ? could we solved this ?

Wolfgang

* Re: luatools bug?
@ 2008-09-14  7:31   ` luoyi
From: luoyi @ 2008-09-14  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

sorry,  but could anyone give me an explaination why the `luatools
zhfonts.tex` command can't work out instead of just tell me "hmm, it's
interesting" or "it's in the wrong place" ?

If it's a bug, we resolve it.
if it's a feature, we can document it.