* Tagged export breaks r2l alignment in tabulate
       [not found] <59e0e0dc-6b65-49e8-be90-bfd449345f11@mailbox.org>
@ 2020-09-23 12:14 ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-23 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

this example produces correctly aligned right-to-left text:

============
\setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|p|p|]
\NC Text
\NC Translation
\NC\NR
\NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
\NC\input ward
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext
==============

But, this here fails:

============
\setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
\setupbackend[export=yes]
\setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|p|p|]
\NC Text
\NC Translation
\NC\NR
\NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
\NC\input ward
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext
==============

Why is that? And what can I do about it? (I need tagged pdf for PDF/A
compliance.)

Best,
Denis

* Re: Tagged export breaks r2l alignment in tabulate
@ 2020-09-23 14:04   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-09-23 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Denis Maier schrieb am 23.09.2020 um 14:14:
> Hi,
>
> this example produces correctly aligned right-to-left text:
>
> ============
> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
>
> \starttext
>
> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
> \NC Text
> \NC Translation
> \NC\NR
> \NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
> \NC\input ward
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext
> ==============
>
> But, this here fails:
>
> ============
> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
> \setupbackend[export=yes]
> \setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]
>
> \starttext
>
> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
> \NC Text
> \NC Translation
> \NC\NR
> \NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
> \NC\input ward
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext
> ==============
>
> Why is that?

The export can lead to unwanted results in the PDF and should always be
done in a separate run.

> And what can I do about it? (I need tagged pdf for PDF/A compliance.)

You do you use export when you need only tagging?

You can enable tagging with

     \setuptagging[state=start]

and to set the PDF format use \setupbackend but ignore the export key.

Wolfgang

* Re: Tagged export breaks r2l alignment in tabulate
@ 2020-09-26 20:39     ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-26 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Denis Maier schrieb am 23.09.2020 um 14:14:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this example produces correctly aligned right-to-left text:
>>
>> ============
>> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
>> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
>> \NC Text
>> \NC Translation
>> \NC\NR
>> \NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
>> \NC\input ward
>> \NC\NR
>> \stoptabulate
>>
>> \stoptext
>> ==============
>>
>> But, this here fails:
>>
>> ============
>> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
>> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
>> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>> \setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
>> \NC Text
>> \NC Translation
>> \NC\NR
>> \NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
>> \NC\input ward
>> \NC\NR
>> \stoptabulate
>>
>> \stoptext
>> ==============
>>
>> Why is that?
>
> The export can lead to unwanted results in the PDF and should always be
> done in a separate run.
>
>> And what can I do about it? (I need tagged pdf for PDF/A compliance.)
>
> You do you use export when you need only tagging?
>

> You can enable tagging with
>
>      \setuptagging[state=start]
>
> and to set the PDF format use \setupbackend but ignore the export key.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks, Wolfgang for that suggestion. However, that does not seems to
solve the problem. Put differently, tagging seems to lead to the same
sort of problems.

@ 2020-09-27 13:40       ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-09-27 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Denis Maier schrieb am 26.09.2020 um 22:39:
> Am 23.09.2020 um 16:04 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster:
>> Denis Maier schrieb am 23.09.2020 um 14:14:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> this example produces correctly aligned right-to-left text:
>>>
>>> ============
>>> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
>>> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
>>> \NC Text
>>> \NC Translation
>>> \NC\NR
>>> \NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
>>> \NC\input ward
>>> \NC\NR
>>> \stoptabulate
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>> ==============
>>>
>>> But, this here fails:
>>>
>>> ============
>>> \setupalign[verytolerant,stretch]
>>> \setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]
>>> \setupbackend[export=yes]
>>> \setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \starttabulate[|p|p|]
>>> \NC Text
>>> \NC Translation
>>> \NC\NR
>>> \NC\setupalign[r2l]\input ward
>>> \NC\input ward
>>> \NC\NR
>>> \stoptabulate
>>>
>>> \stoptext
>>> ==============
>>>
>>> Why is that?
>>
>> The export can lead to unwanted results in the PDF and should always
>> be done in a separate run.
>>
>>> And what can I do about it? (I need tagged pdf for PDF/A compliance.)
>>
>> You do you use export when you need only tagging?
>>

>> You can enable tagging with
>>
>>      \setuptagging[state=start]
>>
>> and to set the PDF format use \setupbackend but ignore the export key.
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks, Wolfgang for that suggestion. However, that does not seems to
> solve the problem. Put differently, tagging seems to lead to the same
> sort of problems.

It works when you set the alignment in the template of the table.

\setupdirections
   [bidi=global,
    method=unicode]

\setuptagging
   [state=start]

\starttext

\starttabulate[|pA{righttoleft}|p|]
%\NC \raggedleft Text    \NC Translation \NC\NR
\NC \rightaligned{Text} \NC Translation \NC\NR
\NC \input ward         \NC \input ward \NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Tagged export breaks r2l alignment in tabulate
@ 2020-09-30 14:18         ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-09-30 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Denis Maier schrieb am 26.09.2020 um 22:39:

>>> The export can lead to unwanted results in the PDF and should always
>>> be done in a separate run.

>>> You do you use export when you need only tagging?
>>>

>>> You can enable tagging with
>>>
>>>      \setuptagging[state=start]
>>>
>>> and to set the PDF format use \setupbackend but ignore the export key.
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>>
>> Thanks, Wolfgang for that suggestion. However, that does not seems to
>> solve the problem. Put differently, tagging seems to lead to the same
>> sort of problems.
>
> It works when you set the alignment in the template of the table.
>
> \setupdirections
>    [bidi=global,
>     method=unicode]
>
> \setuptagging
>    [state=start]
>
> \starttext
>
> \starttabulate[|pA{righttoleft}|p|]
> %\NC \raggedleft Text    \NC Translation \NC\NR
> \NC \rightaligned{Text} \NC Translation \NC\NR
> \NC \input ward         \NC \input ward \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext

Ok, that works. Is it possible to define that both cells in the first
row as left to right? (Like in the definition, not in the cell.)

@ 2020-09-30 15:33           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-09-30 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Denis Maier schrieb am 30.09.2020 um 16:18:

> Ok, that works. Is it possible to define that both cells in the first
> row as left to right? (Like in the definition, not in the cell.)

I don't think so but maybe table headers can help you.

\starttext

\starttabulatehead[]
\BC \raggedcenter Column 1 \BC \raggedcenter Column 2 \NC\NR
\stoptabulatehead

\starttabulate[|p|p|]