* Mkiv, fonts in text and math mode, with \definebodyfont
@ 2019-09-30 17:32 Stefano Sanguinetti
From: Stefano Sanguinetti @ 2019-09-30 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I am trying to understand something more about fonts in text and math mode,
in Mkiv Context. I would like to be able to change things at the "define
body fonts" level.

I tried the following, in order to have rsfs fonts :
\setupbodyfont[12pt]
\definebodyfont[12pt][rm][tf=rsfs10 sa *]
\starttext
\tf ABCD
\tfa ABCD
\stoptext

The \tfa ABCD is displayed as rsfs as I wanted, but the \tf ABCD is
displayed as default fonts. Why ? What could I change in order to have \tf
ABCD in rsfs ?

In math mode, I am not able to have rsfs fonts :
\setupbodyfont[12pt]
\definebodyfont[12pt][mm][mr=rsfs10 sa *,ex=rsfs10 sa *,mi=rsfs10 sa
*,sy=rsfs10 sa *,ma=rsfs10 sa *,mb=rsfs10 sa *]
\starttext
$ABCD$
\stoptext

That gives ABCD in default math mode fonts.
Is there a simple way to do it with the \definebodyfont command ?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

* Re: Mkiv, fonts in text and math mode, with \definebodyfont
@ 2019-10-01  9:28 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-10-01  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/30/2019 7:32 PM, Stefano Sanguinetti wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to understand something more about fonts in text and math
> mode, in Mkiv Context. I would like to be able to change things at the
> "define body fonts" level.
>
> I tried the following, in order to have rsfs fonts :
> \setupbodyfont[12pt]
> \definebodyfont[12pt][rm][tf=rsfs10 sa *]
> \starttext
> \tf ABCD
> \tfa ABCD
> \stoptext
>
> The \tfa ABCD is displayed as rsfs as I wanted, but the \tf ABCD is
> displayed as default fonts. Why ? What could I change in order to have
> \tf ABCD in rsfs ?
>
> In math mode, I am not able to have rsfs fonts :
> \setupbodyfont[12pt]
> \definebodyfont[12pt][mm][mr=rsfs10 sa *,ex=rsfs10 sa *,mi=rsfs10 sa
> *,sy=rsfs10 sa *,ma=rsfs10 sa *,mb=rsfs10 sa *]
> \starttext
> $ABCD$
> \stoptext
>
> That gives ABCD in default math mode fonts.
> Is there a simple way to do it with the \definebodyfont command ?
>
> Thank you in advance for your comments.
In mkiv we use a different model. If you want to use traditional type 1
fonts you need to define a virtual (unicode) math font. You can look
into px-math.lfg to see how that is done.

(Maybe I should remove these old family models from  mkiv/lmtx. probably
no one would object.)

Hans