From: Andreas Schneider <aksdb@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: Vertically centered text in each page
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 10:04:35 +0100	[thread overview]

Am 2016-02-19 12:23, schrieb Marco Patzer:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2016 11:54:12 +0100
> Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How do I setup the slide command to do that by default? I have tried
>> putting {before,after,beforesection,aftersection}=\vfill in various
>> combinations in \setuphead, but I cannot obtain the desired effect.
>
> \setuphead[slide][
>   style=\ssb,
>   command=\MySlide,
>   color=white,
>   insidesection=\vfill,
>   aftersection=\vfill,
>   page=yes]

I'm in a similar situation currently, but can't quite get it to work
with the mentioned solution.
The attached example shows several problems.

Test 1 and Test 3 show, that the \vfill at the beginning apparently adds
a forced space (which is worse in Test 3 than in Test 1).

Another problem is, that when the page needs to break (which is fine),
the last page will not be centered. This is a logic consequence of the
\vfill being after the section.

Is there any other mechanism to center text on _all_ pages, no matter
how often the sections or paragraphs need to get broken?

Best regards
Andreas