* Part numbers
@ 2013-08-11 13:08 Tim Steenvoorden
From: Tim Steenvoorden @ 2013-08-11 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a document with parts and chapters. I'd like to number the chapters continuously through the whole document. Figured out this has to be done with \definestructureresetset instead of the resetnumber=no option in \setuphead. But I don't want to include the number of the part in chapters and sections. How do I do that?

Cheers,
Tim

% Used to be: \setuphead[part][resetnumber=no]
\defineresetset[default][1,0][1]% do not reset chapters after parts, reset anything else

\starttext

\part{ONE}
\chapter{one}
\chapter{two}

\part{TWO}
\chapter{three}
\chapter{four}

\stoptext

* Re: Part numbers
@ 2013-08-11 17:02 ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2013-08-11 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 08/11/2013 03:08 PM, Tim Steenvoorden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a document with parts and chapters. I'd like to number the
> chapters continuously through the whole document. Figured out this has
> to be done with \definestructureresetset instead of the resetnumber=no
> option in \setuphead. But I don't want to include the number of the part
> in chapters and sections. How do I do that?

Hi Tim,

I think this is what you need:

    \definestructureresetset[default][1,0,1][1]
    \setuphead[chapter][sectionsegments=chapter]
    \setuphead[section][sectionsegments=chapter:section]
    \starttext
    \completecontent
    \dorecurse{5}{\part{Part}
    \dorecurse{2}{\chapter{Chapter}