* linking to txt files
@ 2007-05-10 21:03 Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2007-05-10 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I've written an introduction to SuperCollider with ConTeXt.

http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/sw/sc/prd_tSCIRMA.pdf

I'm really happy of the result. Now, it has been suggested to have
the included code accessible in some "cleaner" way (i.e. the
supercollider source code as it is).
My idea would be to add a link on something (e.g. a title of the code
fragment) so that clicking on it in the pdf  would open via a txt
editor (or a browser, that's the same) the related sc source file.
Something like opening movies or audio files, but with a text file.

I guess it's simple but until now I found no way,

Thanks a lot

Best

-a-

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> andrea.valle@unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)

Andrea Valle
CIRMA - DAMS
Università degli Studi di Torino
--> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/
--> andrea.valle@unito.it

I did this interview where I just mentioned that I read Foucault. Who
doesn't in university, right? I was in this strip club giving this
guy a lap dance and all he wanted to do was to discuss Foucault with
me. Well, I can stand naked and do my little dance, or I can discuss
Foucault, but not at the same time; too much information.
(Annabel Chong)

* Re: linking to txt files
@ 2007-05-10 21:59 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-05-10 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Andrea Valle wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I've written an introduction to SuperCollider with ConTeXt.
>
> http://www.cirma.unito.it/andrea/sw/sc/prd_tSCIRMA.pdf
>
> I'm really happy of the result. Now, it has been suggested to have the
> included code accessible in some "cleaner" way (i.e. the supercollider source
> code as it is).
> My idea would be to add a link on something (e.g. a title of the code
> fragment) so that clicking on it in the pdf  would open via a txt editor (or
> a browser, that's the same) the related sc source file.
> Something like opening movies or audio files, but with a text file.
>
> I guess it's simple but until now I found no way,

\attachfile

grep the sources for documentation.

Aditya

* Re: linking to txt files
@ 2007-05-10 22:39   ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2007-05-10 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Many thanks Aditya

so,

a) still cannot understand where are sources on my macosx with texlive
b) being a unix ignorant, what should I write on terminal?

Best
-a-

@ 2007-05-10 23:17     ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2007-05-10 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok.

source browser from the garden.
Having it with \useattachment + \attachment

Maybe I'll add two lines to the wiki

Best

-a-

@ 2007-05-11  3:51     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-05-11  3:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 11 May 2007, Andrea Valle wrote:

> Many thanks Aditya
>
> so,
>
> a) still cannot understand where are sources on my macosx with texlive
> b) being a unix ignorant, what should I write on terminal?

Sorry for being so terse, I was in a hurry. Basically, as you found
out, searching the sources on cotextgarden is the easiest way. And if
you remember that a regex search is going in the background, that you
can make use of that.

So \\def\\framed will search for \def\framed and \\def\\framed\> will
search for \def\framed(end of word) so that if there is something that
says \def\framedtext it will not be matched. I just wish that the
text input area had a bigger size.

Does \attachment give you what you were looking for?

Aditya

* Re: linking to txt files
@ 2007-05-11 10:07       ` Andrea Valle
From: Andrea Valle @ 2007-05-11 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Sorry for being so terse, I was in a hurry.

Thanks for the reply.

> Basically, as you found
> out, searching the sources on cotextgarden is the easiest way.

Ok.

> Does \attachment give you what you were looking for?

Yes, absolutely wonderful, now aollider.ll the sources are inlcuded
in the pdf anc can be direclty open by SuperCollider

Thanks

Best

-a-

@ 2007-05-11 10:21       ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2007-05-11 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello!

Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> And if
> you remember that a regex search is going in the background, that you
> can make use of that.

Good to know. A note on this on the main search page would be usefull.

Not a big issue, just remark: with more complex regexp searching works,
but displaying the page fails (highlighting?). Try "\\def[^\]a".

Jano