* Printer requires vectorised contour path for cut contour
@ 2018-09-06 10:49 Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2018-09-06 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I created a non-rectangular shaped document. The printer requires a cut
contour in a particular colour, no problem so far. However, he complained
about a missing “single continuous closed vectorised contour path”. The one I
provided is an area, not a contour path.

I created the path as follows:

\starttext
  \startMPcode
    draw origin -- (50mm, 0mm) -- (60mm, 20mm) -- (10mm, 20mm) -- origin;
  \stopMPcode
\stoptext

Any clue how to create such a vectorised contour path?

Marco

* Re: Printer requires vectorised contour path for cut contour
@ 2018-09-06 15:00 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2018-09-06 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Marco Patzer schrieb am 06.09.18 um 12:49:
> Hi!
>
> I created a non-rectangular shaped document. The printer requires a cut
> contour in a particular colour, no problem so far. However, he complained
> about a missing “single continuous closed vectorised contour path”. The one I
> provided is an area, not a contour path.
>
> I created the path as follows:
>
> \starttext
>    \startMPcode
>      draw origin -- (50mm, 0mm) -- (60mm, 20mm) -- (10mm, 20mm) -- origin;
>    \stopMPcode
> \stoptext
>
> Any clue how to create such a vectorised contour path?

Use cycle to close the path.

\starttext
   \startMPcode
     draw origin -- (50mm, 0mm) -- (60mm, 20mm) -- (10mm, 20mm) -- cycle ;
   \stopMPcode
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Printer requires vectorised contour path for cut contour
@ 2018-09-10 20:03   ` Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2018-09-10 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2018 17:00:38 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I created a non-rectangular shaped document. The printer requires a
> > cut contour in a particular colour, no problem so far. However, he
> > complained about a missing “single continuous closed vectorised
> > contour path”. The one I provided is an area, not a contour path.
> >
> > I created the path as follows:
> >
> > \starttext
> >    \startMPcode
> >      draw origin -- (50mm, 0mm) -- (60mm, 20mm) -- (10mm, 20mm) --
> > origin; \stopMPcode
> > \stoptext
> >
> > Any clue how to create such a vectorised contour path?
>
> Use cycle to close the path.
>
> \starttext
>    \startMPcode
>      draw origin -- (50mm, 0mm) -- (60mm, 20mm) -- (10mm, 20mm) --
> cycle ; \stopMPcode
> \stoptext

That's it. The printer confirmed it's working now. Thanks.

@ 2018-09-11 15:28 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2018-09-11 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Marco,

In Metapost, fill is:

def fill expr c =
    addto currentpicture contour c _op_
enddef ;

(whereas draw adds a "doublepath".)

Alan

@ 2018-09-11 15:54   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2018-09-11 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/11/2018 5:28 PM, Alan Braslau wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> In Metapost, fill is:
>
> def fill expr c =
>      addto currentpicture contour c _op_
> enddef ;
>
> (whereas draw adds a "doublepath".)

the double in doublepath always puzzles me

Hans