On 4/11/08, Roman Sigg wrote: > > Hello > > For a publication project in phonetics and dialectology I'd like to > print the phonetic transcription and the dialect text in a two column > setup. I would be interested to use context for that (more > flexibility than LaTeX), but every new paragraph is printed on a new > page (as Henning Hraban Ramm posted earlier). Is there a work around > other than using two pages? > > Thanks, > Roman > > Universität Zürich > Phonogrammarchiv > Roman Sigg > Rämistr. 71 > 8006 Zürich > > Fon +41 44 634 39 90 > Fax +41 44 634 49 68 > rosigg@access.uzh.ch > > http://www.phonogrammarchiv.uzh.ch Hi, perhaps the streams module can help you? I use it to set texts and theirs translations on facing pages. You can find an example below. (It came over this list a while ago.) Kind regards Chris %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% \usemodule[streams] \def\StartCouple{\page\SwitchToNormal} \def\StopCouple {\SwitchToNormal \SynchronizeLeftAndRight \FlushLeftAndRight} \def\Original {\SwitchToNormal\SynchronizeLeftAndRight\SwitchToLeft} \def\Translation{\SwitchToRight} %%So you put the part of your document where synchronization should %%take place between \StartCouple and \StopCouple. After that , %%\Original and \Translation switches between even and odd pages. \starttext \scale[width=\textwidth,height=\textheight,factor=fit]{\ss m-streams} \page \StartCouple \Original this is an original text \crlf \input knuth %\blank[1cm] \Translation THIS IS THE TRANSLATION \crlf \input tufte \Original \ss this is an original text \crlf \input knuth \Translation \ss THIS IS THE TRANSLATION \crlf \input tufte \StopCouple \stoptext