* Drawing scaled externalfigure in Metapost produces erroneous size in the latest beta
@ 2019-04-03 23:31 Thorsten S.
From: Thorsten S. @ 2019-04-03 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello!

The simple Metapost code that follows worked fine until upgrading to recent beta. I don't have a clue exactly when this behaviour was introduced since I switched just recently from the standard Texlive version available in Arch Linux.

\starttext
\startMPcode
draw externalfigure "test.pdf" scaled 10mm;
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

Now it produces a graphic with size of approximately 110 mm at least in my system with various test files which previously scaled just fine.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Thorsten S.

* Re: Drawing scaled externalfigure in Metapost produces erroneous size in the latest beta
@ 2019-04-04  9:10 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-04-04  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/4/2019 1:31 AM, Thorsten S. wrote:
> Hello!
>
> The simple Metapost code that follows worked fine until upgrading to
> recent beta. I don't have a clue exactly when this behaviour was
> introduced since I switched just recently from the standard Texlive
> version available in Arch Linux.
>
> \starttext
> \startMPcode
> draw externalfigure "test.pdf" scaled 10mm;
> \stopMPcode
> \stoptext
>
> Now it produces a graphic with size of approximately 110 mm at least in
> my system with various test files which previously scaled just fine..
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
scaled scaled the original size ... long ago that was 1bp but for
accuracy reasons that is no longer the case, just use:

draw externalfigure "test.pdf" xsized 10mm;

which in most cases is actually a better method than 'scaled'

Hans

* Re: *** Spam *** Drawing scaled externalfigure in Metapost produces erroneous size in the latest beta
@ 2019-04-04  9:10 ` Lutz Haseloff
From: Lutz Haseloff @ 2019-04-04  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)