From: Pablo Rodriguez via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: ConTeXt users <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
Cc: Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es>
Subject: [NTG-context] (off-topic) hovering over links in Acrobat Reader
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 19:16:18 +0200	[thread overview]

Dear list,

I have the following source:

    \setupbodyfont[dejavu, sans, 24pt]
    \setupinteraction[state=start, style=, color=,
        contrastcolor=, display=new]
    \enabledirectives[references.border=darkgreen]
    \def\myurl#1%
      {{\tt\goto{\hyphenatedurl{#1}}[url(#1)]}}
    \protect\def\myhref#1#2%
      {\goto{\hyphenatedurl{#1}}[url(#2)]}
    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[pagestate=start, offset=1em, align=center]
    {\bfa Hovering Over Links}
    \blank[1st]
    \attachment[method=hidden, file={signed-a.pdf}]
    \goto{An embedded PDF document}[signed-a::]
    \blank[.5st]
    \myurl{https://contextgarden.net}
    \blank[.5st]
    \myhref{A link to the Garden}{https://contextgarden.net}
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

I also attach my output, since the first link is a link to an embedded
document and not the expected link to an external document (I modified
ConTeXt to get that kind of link).

The issue I’m experiencing with Acrobat Reader DC on Windows
(automatically updated to latest version) is that when hovering over
links, I get different results.

The three links are (in order from top to bottom):

1. A link to the embedded document.
2. An external link with its address as text.
3. Another external link without its address as text.

Some days (as today [sorry, I don’t have access to Windows now]),
hovering over the three links displayed the word "link" (even with
Acrobat set to Spanish).

Other days, hovering over the first link displays nothing and hovering
over the two other links show their actual destination address.

This behavior seems so random to me that I‘m not sure I’m not missing
anything.

Would you be so kind to test the attached document (and the one you may
generate from the sample source) hovering over the link frames in
Acrobat (ideally DC updated to latest)?

At least, I would like to be sure what is going on here.

Hovering over links is basic precaution before clicking them.

To explain that to others, I’d rather know how Acrobat (Reader) behaves
in these cases.

Sorry the off-topic issue and many thanks for your help in advance,

Pablo