* \setupmathematics with stylealternative not working
@ 2019-02-22  7:35 Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-02-22  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

It seems that, with the latest beta, the \setupmathematics with
stylealternative is not working.

I tried

\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
\setupmathematics[stylealternative={calligraphic}]
\starttext
\startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
$\mathcal A$
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

and got the attached output lcm.png. This is not the curly A I would
expect. The one I expect is the one that can be seen on top of page 9
in https://tug.org/store/lucida/lucida-amsmath.pdf.

I also noticed that the example file that I have seen earlier on this
list, pasted below, does not seem to change anything.

Has anything changed?

/Mikael

% second example
\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]

\starttext

$x
    ^{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
    _{\setmathfontalternate{arrow}
      \setmathfontalternate{dotless}
      \setmathfontalternate{zero}
      i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
$

$x
    ^{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
    _{\setmathfontalternate{arrow,dotless,zero}
      i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
$

\setupmathematics[stylealternative={arrow,dotless,zero}]

$x
    ^{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
    _{i \leftarrow 0 = ∅}
$

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: lmc.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 4721 bytes --]

* Re: \setupmathematics with stylealternative not working
@ 2019-02-22  8:24 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2019-02-22  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I can confirm.  My workaround which predates the stylealternative
mechanism also stopped working, so there must be an issue on the level
of font feature selection.

\definefontfeature [math-text]         [math-text]         [ss04=yes]
\definefontfeature [math-script]       [math-script]       [ss04=yes]
\definefontfeature [math-scriptscript] [math-scriptscript] [ss04=yes]
\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
\starttext
\startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
$\mathcal A$
\stopTEXpage
\stoptext

@ 2019-02-22 18:25   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-02-22 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/22/2019 9:24 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> I can confirm.  My workaround which predates the stylealternative
> mechanism also stopped working, so there must be an issue on the level
> of font feature selection.
>
> \definefontfeature [math-text]         [math-text]         [ss04=yes]
> \definefontfeature [math-script]       [math-script]       [ss04=yes]
> \definefontfeature [math-scriptscript] [math-scriptscript] [ss04=yes]
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> \starttext
> \startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
> $\mathcal A$
> \stopTEXpage
> \stoptext
that is a nasty one ... in font-fil.mkvi : we cannot use an edef as that
makes features get lost

\def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop#key=#value,%
   {\if]#key%
      \font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop_finish
    \else
      \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
      \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop
    \fi}

\def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes#key=#value,%
   {\if]#key%
      \font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes_finish
    \else
      \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
      \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes
    \fi}

but even then, the official way to trigger such features is

@ 2019-02-23  7:17     ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-02-23  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 7:25 PM Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On 2/22/2019 9:24 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> > I can confirm.  My workaround which predates the stylealternative
> > mechanism also stopped working, so there must be an issue on the level
> > of font feature selection.
> >
> > \definefontfeature [math-text]         [math-text]         [ss04=yes]
> > \definefontfeature [math-script]       [math-script]       [ss04=yes]
> > \definefontfeature [math-scriptscript] [math-scriptscript] [ss04=yes]
> > \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> > \starttext
> > \startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
> > $\mathcal A$
> > \stopTEXpage
> > \stoptext
> that is a nasty one ... in font-fil.mkvi : we cannot use an edef as that
> makes features get lost
>
> \def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop#key=#value,%
>    {\if]#key%
>       \font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop_finish
>     \else
>       \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
> as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
>       \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop
>     \fi}
>
> \def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes#key=#value,%
>    {\if]#key%
>       \font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes_finish
>     \else
>       \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
> as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
>       \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes
>     \fi}
>
> but even then, the official way to trigger such features is
>
> \setupmathematics[stylealternative=calligraphic]

Works! Thanks! It is in the details... :)

/Mikael

* Re: \setupmathematics with stylealternative not working
@ 2019-02-24  9:23       ` Mikael P. Sundqvist
From: Mikael P. Sundqvist @ 2019-02-24  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 8:17 AM Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 7:25 PM Hans Hagen <j.hagen@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >
> > On 2/22/2019 9:24 AM, Henri Menke wrote:
> > > I can confirm.  My workaround which predates the stylealternative
> > > mechanism also stopped working, so there must be an issue on the level
> > > of font feature selection.
> > >
> > > \definefontfeature [math-text]         [math-text]         [ss04=yes]
> > > \definefontfeature [math-script]       [math-script]       [ss04=yes]
> > > \definefontfeature [math-scriptscript] [math-scriptscript] [ss04=yes]
> > > \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> > > \starttext
> > > \startTEXpage[offset=3bp]
> > > $\mathcal A$
> > > \stopTEXpage
> > > \stoptext
> > that is a nasty one ... in font-fil.mkvi : we cannot use an edef as that
> > makes features get lost
> >
> > \def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop#key=#value,%
> >    {\if]#key%
> >       \font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop_finish
> >     \else
> >       \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
> > as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
> >       \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop
> >     \fi}
> >
> > \def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes#key=#value,%
> >    {\if]#key%
> >       \font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes_finish
> >     \else
> >       \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
> > as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
> >       \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes
> >     \fi}
> >
> > but even then, the official way to trigger such features is
> >
> > \setupmathematics[stylealternative=calligraphic]
> >

> Works! Thanks! It is in the details... :)
>
> /Mikael

I just realized that there is still some problem with the stylealternative:

With the document

%% TEST 1
\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
\setupmathematics[
stylealternative={calligraphic},
]
\starttext
$x+\mathcal A$
\stoptext
%%%

I get both the calligraphic AND the italic keys enabled, even though
the italic key should not be set. However, with the test file

%%% TEST 2
\setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
\setupmathematics[
stylealternative={italic},
]
\starttext
$x+\mathcal A$
\stoptext
%%%

I do not get any of them enabled. In particular the italic key is not
enabled, which I assume it should be.

/Mikael

* Re: \setupmathematics with stylealternative not working
@ 2019-02-24 10:16         ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2019-02-24 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2/24/19 10:23 PM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 8:17 AM Mikael P. Sundqvist <mickep@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > that is a nasty one ... in font-fil.mkvi : we cannot use an edef as that
>> > makes features get lost
>> >
>> > \def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop#key=#value,%
>> >    {\if]#key%
>> >       \font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop_finish
>> >     \else
>> >       \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
>> > as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
>> >       \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_nop
>> >     \fi}
>> >
>> > \def\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes#key=#value,%
>> >    {\if]#key%
>> >       \font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes_finish
>> >     \else
>> >       \expandafter\normaldef\csname p_#key\endcsname{#value}%  % no edef
>> > as we need to keep \mathsizesuffix
>> >       \expandafter\font_basics_get_font_parameter_yes
>> >     \fi}
>> >
>> > but even then, the official way to trigger such features is
>> >
>> > \setupmathematics[stylealternative=calligraphic]
>> >

>> Works! Thanks! It is in the details... :)
>>
>> /Mikael
>
> I just realized that there is still some problem with the stylealternative:
>
> With the document
>
> %% TEST 1
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> \setupmathematics[
> stylealternative={calligraphic},
> ]
> \starttext
> $x+\mathcal A$
> \stoptext
> %%%
>
> I get both the calligraphic AND the italic keys enabled, even though
> the italic key should not be set. However, with the test file
>
> %%% TEST 2
> \setupbodyfont[lucidaot]
> \setupmathematics[
> stylealternative={italic},
> ]
> \starttext
> $x+\mathcal A$
> \stoptext
> %%%
>
> I do not get any of them enabled. In particular the italic key is not
> enabled, which I assume it should be.

I can confirm.  Temporary workaround for TEST 2 is to use the old method

    \setupmathrendering[lucidaot][it=]

instead of