* Shapes spanning multiple grid cells in flowchart
@ 2006-11-10 18:27 Martijn Martijn
From: Martijn Martijn @ 2006-11-10 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I've just started to use Context because of its great flowcharting module.
However, I'd like to use shapes that span multiple grid cells. This is what
I would like to accomplish:

|-------|    |-------|    |-------|
|       |<-->| box 2 |<-->| box 3 |
|       |    |-------|    |-------|
| box 1 |
|       |    |-------|    |-------|
|       |<-->| box 4 |<-->| box 5 |
|       |    |-------|    |-------|
|       |
|       |
|       |
|-------|

I could not find a way to do this in the manual. Every shape in the manual
has the same size. Thanks for the help!

Martijn

* Re: Shapes spanning multiple grid cells in flowchart
@ 2006-11-11  0:03 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-11-11  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martijn Martijn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just started to use Context because of its great flowcharting
> module. However, I'd like to use shapes that span multiple grid cells.
> This is what I would like to accomplish:
>
> |-------|    |-------|    |-------|
> |       |<-->| box 2 |<-->| box 3 |
> |       |    |-------|    |-------|
> | box 1 |
> |       |    |-------|    |-------|
> |       |<-->| box 4 |<-->| box 5 |
> |       |    |-------|    |-------|
> |       |
> |       |
> |       |
> |-------|
>

> I could not find a way to do this in the manual. Every shape in the
> manual has the same size. Thanks for the help!

Current version of flowchart does not support this feature. Cells are
arranged in a regular grid without spanning.

Vit

@ 2006-11-14 15:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-11-14 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martijn Martijn wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just started to use Context because of its great flowcharting
> module. However, I'd like to use shapes that span multiple grid cells.
> This is what I would like to accomplish:
>
> |-------|    |-------|    |-------|
> |       |<-->| box 2 |<-->| box 3 |
> |       |    |-------|    |-------|
> | box 1 |
> |       |    |-------|    |-------|
> |       |<-->| box 4 |<-->| box 5 |
> |       |
> |       |
> |       |
> |-------|
>

> I could not find a way to do this in the manual. Every shape in the
> manual has the same size. Thanks for the help!
i remember looking into it but i cannot find any related code; it should be doable but it's not a quick hack thing; hope for a few very rainy days and remind me after the tex live code freeze

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE