On Aug 22, 2023, 10:21 AM -0600, Hans Hagen , wrote: Also, some of these commercial licenses have become pretty restrictive. With respect to spending time on something, the same is true for some tools: supporting acrobat, fonts, specific file formats, features etc ... one way tickets ... if we need it in a project i can waste the time on it, otherwise i rather spend the time on things we (and users) can actually use and have fun with. At some point in the future, will aim to put together some typescripts using Latin Modern as base, and probably New Computer Modern (Greek, Hebrew, Coptic, etc.) and/or MLModern (slightly heavier per design size) as fallbacks. (Also MLModern in particular is designed to match Latin Modern's encoding files etc.) Each has its advantages and application cases for fallbacks across optical sizes, and it doesn't get more TeXie than experimenting with CM derivatives -) (Wolfgang mentioned Antykwa Poltawskiego, and there are other possibilities as well.) Best wishes Idris -- Idris Samawi Hamid, Professor Department of Philosophy Colorado State University Fort Collins, CO 80523