* Re: help needed
       [not found] <3FFD431F-443D-403C-8F6C-86231B531202@mac.com>
@ 2007-09-07 16:53 ` Hans Hagen
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2007-09-07 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Francis Derive wrote:
> Bonjour Mesdames, Mesdemoiselles, et Messieurs,
>

> That means I need your help.
> I feel quite an idiot, but I don't know what to do with - say the
> "cont-tmf" folder I downloaded for ma Mac Os X Tiger : looking inside, I
> don't see any application...
> Started reading the doc on your site, created a myfile.tex as yours, but
>     % context myFile
> zsh: command not found: context
>
> Well, I have several TeX softare I don't use a lot - had used it, but
> forgot and still wishes to go back to : so how can you show me the way ?
>
> Merci beaucoup !

depends on your system ... i forwarded to the context mailing list

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: help needed
@ 2007-09-07 19:15   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2007-09-07 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2007-09-07 um 18:53 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> i forwarded to the context mailing list

For amusement?

BTW on the LilyPond list we get a lot of similar questions of people
who expect a GUI program...

Greetlings from Lake Constance!
Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net
https://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: help needed
@ 2007-09-07 23:55   ` Peter Schorsch
From: Peter Schorsch @ 2007-09-07 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> Started reading the doc on your site, created a myfile.tex as yours, but
>>     % context myFile
>> zsh: command not found: context

use instead:

texexec --pdf myFile.tex (use pdftex but Unicode is not working)

or

texexec --xtx myFile.tex (use Xetex with Unicode but is not working in
Context-distribution since 2007, download the latest 2006 version from
archiv)

or

texexec --lua myFile.tex (use LuaTex and Unicode but still official beta -
have no experience with it)

For XeTeX maybe look at:
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20070130.145856.ffeabcfc.en.html

Ciao

* Re: help needed
@ 2007-09-08  5:21   ` David Rogers
From: David Rogers @ 2007-09-08  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 18:53:49 +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Francis Derive wrote:
>> Bonjour Mesdames, Mesdemoiselles, et Messieurs,
>>

>> That means I need your help.
>> I feel quite an idiot, but I don't know what to do with - say the
>> "cont-tmf" folder I downloaded for ma Mac Os X Tiger : looking inside, I
>> don't see any application...

I suggest you try an application called TeXShop. It is a nice OS X
application that allows you to use ConTeXt.

You can find it here:
<http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html>

David

* Re: help needed