* Re: registers, how to ignore quote marks
@ 2022-01-30 20:55 jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2022-01-30 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, I had already tried that. It places the subentry at the top of the
list of subentries, not in its correct alphabetical order. Using the
example below, I assume you meant (I am including text before and after):

The \index[Plenary+periti]{Plenary Council+{\it periti} (experts)} group
comprises 10 members.

There are nine subentries altogether, and quite a number under 'p', like
\index{Plenary Council+preparations for}. The italicised /periti /should
come just before the latter (preparations for) but, using the double key
above it comes first in the list. The same happens with the subentry
surrounded by single quotes. It too comes first in the list if I use a
double key. So clearly it is the fact that there is formatting ({\it
something}) or quotes ({‘word’}) in a subentry that causes the problem,
and I am wondering how to overcome this.

Julian

@ 2022-01-29  5:23 jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2022-01-29  5:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well done Adam - or should I say well read in the Wiki! For all my
reading of it I still hadn't cottoned on to that. There are several of
these cases, but I have been able to fix them all now. Thank you.

Any thoughts (but I'm pretty sure this isn't fully explained in the
wiki) how I can get part of the index entry in italics and part normal?
That might be a bit more difficult I think.

Julian

* registers, how to ignore quote marks
@ 2022-01-29  2:40 jbf via ntg-context
From: jbf via ntg-context @ 2022-01-29  2:40 UTC (permalink / raw)