Could you please share a complete MWE. Makes it easier to test if the problem occurs here as well. Best, Denis Von: ntg-context Im Auftrag von Thangalin via ntg-context Gesendet: Montag, 6. Juni 2022 23:56 An: Bruce Horrocks Cc: Thangalin ; mailing list for ConTeXt users Betreff: Re: [NTG-context] Contractions in ligature suppression word list Thanks for the response, Bruce. 1) The file you attached doesn't include the word "wolfing", nor "wolfin". I assume they need to be The suffixes section accounts for this. Wolfing and wolfish both suppress the ligature correctly. I removed the comma separators, good catch. No difference, though. Looks like I edited /opt/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkxl/lang-en.llg instead of the LMTX file. SMH. I've now tried both files, lmtx and mkxl: suffixes = [[ in in' in’ ing ]], Wolfish works fine, the ligature is suppressed as expected. Wolfing, wolfin, and wolfin' aren't suppressed. I'd have thought that defining the word "wolf" with a suffix of "ing" (and variations thereof) would suppress ligatures at the suffix boundary? Maybe that's not the case. If so, then it means having to define all the *f-ing words (heh) a few times for the different suffixes (in', in’, and ing), which seems to defeat the purpose of separating suffixes? Help is appreciated.