* Trouble with \usemodule[tikz]
@ 2007-03-29 19:22 M.guravage
From: M.guravage @ 2007-03-29 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I recently experienced problems with TikZ after upgrading from ConTeXt -
2007.01.23 to 2007.03.19. Instead of looking at the differences between
the two releases, I moved my original minimal ConTeXt distribution out of
the way and re-installed the latest justtext.zip and linuxtex.zip. To this
I added my own texmf-project tree which contains TikZ, and remade the
formats.

TeX stops at the first TikZ command complaining that it cannot find the
tikz module:

  system : module tikz not found
  ! Undefined control sequence.
  l.6   \starttikzpicture

I have checked the obvious like the TEXMFPROJECT environment variable and
the ls-R files, but everything appears correct. Indeed, everything did run
correctly with ConTeXt - 2007.01.23 and pdfTeX-1.40.1.

I would be grateful if someone could suggest how I can track down this
problem?

Cheers,

Michael

PS: Here is a minimal example.

% interface=en output=pdftex
\usemodule [tikz]
\starttext
  \input tufte
  \starttikzpicture
    \draw (-1.5,0) -- (1.5,0);
    \draw (0,-1.5) -- (0,1.5);
  \stoptikzpicture
\stoptext
% finis

* Re: Trouble with \usemodule[tikz]
@ 2007-03-30  1:49 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-03-30  1:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/29/07, M.guravage <m.guravage@pragma-cts.com> wrote:

> I recently experienced problems with TikZ after upgrading from ConTeXt -
> 2007.01.23 to 2007.03.19. Instead of looking at the differences between
> the two releases, I moved my original minimal ConTeXt distribution out of
> the way and re-installed the latest justtext.zip and linuxtex.zip. To this
> I added my own texmf-project tree which contains TikZ, and remade the
> formats.
>
> TeX stops at the first TikZ command complaining that it cannot find the
> tikz module:
>
>   system : module tikz not found
>   ! Undefined control sequence.
>   l.6   \starttikzpicture
>
> I have checked the obvious like the TEXMFPROJECT environment variable and
> the ls-R files, but everything appears correct. Indeed, everything did run
> correctly with ConTeXt - 2007.01.23 and pdfTeX-1.40.1.
>
> I would be grateful if someone could suggest how I can track down this
> problem?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael
>
> PS: Here is a minimal example.
>
> % interface=en output=pdftex
> \usemodule [tikz]
> \starttext
>   \input tufte
>   \starttikzpicture
>     \draw (-1.5,0) -- (1.5,0);
>     \draw (0,-1.5) -- (0,1.5);
>   \stoptikzpicture
> \stoptext
> % finis
works ok in my 2007 TexLive, because there is pgf under
2007/texmf-dist/tex/context:
base
bib
config