* interlinespace and accented capital
@ 2007-04-07 13:12 Peter van Kranenburg
From: Peter van Kranenburg @ 2007-04-07 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

I have an accented E (É) somewhere in my text. The height of this
character changes the interlinespace, probably to avoid collision of the
accent and the line above it. Unfortunately it is visually very
disturbing to have a larger interlinespace for one single line on the
page. I couldn't find a way to make ConTeXt ignore this height and space
the lines evenly.

I would be very glad if someone could point me to a solution for this.

best
Peter van Kranenburg

* Re: interlinespace and accented capital
@ 2007-04-07 13:46 ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2007-04-07 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Peter,

Peter van Kranenburg wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have an accented E (É) somewhere in my text. The height of this
> character changes the interlinespace, probably to avoid collision of the
> accent and the line above it. Unfortunately it is visually very
> disturbing to have a larger interlinespace for one single line on the
> page. I couldn't find a way to make ConTeXt ignore this height and space
> the lines evenly.
>
> I would be very glad if someone could point me to a solution for this.

\smash[h]{É}

should work (see supp-box.tex for details).

Peter

@ 2007-04-07 14:02   ` Peter Van Kranenburg
From: Peter Van Kranenburg @ 2007-04-07 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Peter Rolf wrote:

> \smash[h]{É} should work

Indeed. Thanks for the quick reply!

> (see supp-box.tex for details).

I see. Very interesting... there is a lot more in ConTeXt than I'm aware
of. :) I'm often solving issues like this with my own dirty low level
TeX hacks, but this is much better.

Peter

* Re: interlinespace and accented capital
@ 2007-04-07 15:59     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-04-07 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I see. Very interesting... there is a lot more in ConTeXt than I'm aware
> of. :) I'm often solving issues like this with my own dirty low level
> TeX hacks, but this is much better.

http://www.logosrl.it/context/modules/2007-03-22/main/
http://www.logosrl.it/context/modules/2007-03-22/
http://www.logosrl.it/context/modules/2007-03-22/singles/