* Problem with generated PDF
@ 2007-10-03 18:35 Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2007-10-03 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm trying to send my resumé to people I know
as a PDF file created using Context (the minimal
version on Pragma site, running on Ubuntu linux).
However, many of them (but no all) say they
can't open the file. What are the possible causes
for that, except e-mail problems?

Thanks,
Maurício

* Re: Problem with generated PDF
@ 2007-10-03 18:52 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2007-10-03 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Maurí­cio wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to send my resumé to people I know
> as a PDF file created using Context (the minimal
> version on Pragma site, running on Ubuntu linux).
> However, many of them (but no all) say they
> can't open the file. What are the possible causes
> for that, except e-mail problems?

pdfversion. ConTeXt produces pdf 1.5 by default. You may try setting
\pdfminorversion=3.

Aditya

* Re: Problem with generated PDF
@ 2007-10-03 19:07   ` Maurí­cio
From: Maurí­cio @ 2007-10-03 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to send my resumé to people I know
>> as a PDF file created using Context (the minimal
>> version on Pragma site, running on Ubuntu linux).
>> However, many of them (but no all) say they
>> can't open the file. What are the possible causes
>> for that, except e-mail problems?
>
> pdfversion. ConTeXt produces pdf 1.5 by default. You may try setting
> \pdfminorversion=3.
>
> Aditya

Exactly! Problem solved. Thanks for your help.

@ 2007-10-03 23:25     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-10-03 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/3/07, Maurí­cio <briqueabraque@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> > pdfversion. ConTeXt produces pdf 1.5 by default. You may try setting
> > \pdfminorversion=3.
> >
> > Aditya
>
> Exactly! Problem solved. Thanks for your help.
You may  also give a look at ghostscript.

luigi