* Images centered on page : Solved
       [not found] <mailman.179.1195840896.4317.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2007-11-23 20:39 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2007-11-23 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context-request@ntg.nl

Hello,

Thank you all very much. I'm pleased with number and quality of solutions to my problem.

The winner solution is provided by Wolfgang Schuster.  Simple \centeredbox{} makes all the magic I need.

I was also amazed with quick porting of my Lua code for batch image processing to native TeX script. I'm an imperative programmer to the marrow and never will be able to do such things. Luckily, now we have embedded Lua!

Best regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: Images centered on page : Solved
@ 2007-11-23 22:50   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-11-23 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 23, 2007 9:39 PM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you all very much. I'm pleased with number and quality of solutions to my problem.
Did you look in supp-box at centerbox definition ?
it' something like
\vbox to \adimension{\vfill ....\vfill}
(well, not \vfill, but \vss)

You approach was not so distant to solutions , you only forget that
\vfill need a bit of attention.
(hey even today sometimes i'm lost with \def and \edef...)

Compare
\starttext
\vfill
\vfill
\stoptext

with
\starttext
\hskip1sp
\vfill
\vfill
\stoptext

Given that 1sp is invisible to human eye ,
one can appreciate here a "butterfly effect" :))

--
luigi
it's new .

* Re: Images centered on page : Solved
@ 2007-11-24  9:19     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2007-11-24  9:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 23:50:42 +0100
"luigi scarso" <luigi.scarso@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2007 9:39 PM, Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky <yatskovsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thank you all very much. I'm pleased with number and quality of solutions to my problem.
> Did you look in supp-box at centerbox definition ?
> it' something like
> \vbox to \adimension{\vfill ....\vfill}
> (well, not \vfill, but \vss)
>
> You approach was not so distant to solutions , you only forget that
> \vfill need a bit of attention.
> (hey even today sometimes i'm lost with \def and \edef...)
>
> Compare
> \starttext
> \vfill
> \vfill
> \stoptext
>
> with
> \starttext
> \hskip1sp
> \vfill
> \vfill
> \stoptext
>
> Given that 1sp is invisible to human eye ,
> one can appreciate here a "butterfly effect" :))

Hi Luigi,

you can use \dontleavehmode in this case.

\starttext
\dontleavehmode\vfill
\vfill
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Images centered on page : Solved
@ 2007-11-24 10:06       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2007-11-24 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> you can use \dontleavehmode in this case.
yes, i know.

\meaning\ \dontleavehmode
gives
\quitvmode

\meaning\quitvmode
gives
\quitvmode
hence \quitvmode is a primitive .

\quitvmode
The primitive instructs pdfTEX to quit the vertical mode and start
typesetting a paragraph. \quitvmode
has the same effect as \leavevmode definition from plain macro
package. Note however, that
\leavevmode may conflict with \everypar tokens list. No such risk
while using \quitvmode instead
The primitive has been introduced in pdfTEX 1.21a.

\hskip1sp give more the sense of invisible touch ...

--
luigi
it's new .