* ConTeXt meeting moved to October/November
@ 2008-04-01 18:15 Mojca Miklavec
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-04-01 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm sorry to inform you that due to some other unavoidable obligations
at the faculty, I have been forced to move the ConTeXt meeting to 29th
October - 3rd November, unless I will be able to find someone else to
take over the organisation.

More information to come in the following days.

I'm really sorry for the incovenience,
     Mojca

* Re: ConTeXt meeting moved to October/November
@ 2008-04-01 19:09 ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2008-04-01 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I hope you are joking, no?!

As today is April fool's day I don't worry about your email ...
... otherwise I really would, cause as all tickets are now booked and
payed for August!!!

Steffen

@ 2008-04-01 19:16 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2008-04-01 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gosh! - I do hope this is a 1st of april joke!

Willi

@ 2008-04-01 20:32   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-04-01 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> I hope you are joking, no?!
>
>  As today is April fool's day I don't worry about your email ...
>  ... otherwise I really would, cause as all tickets are now booked and
>  payed for August!!!

No need to worry.

@ 2008-04-01 21:25 ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2008-04-01 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:15:00 -0600, Mojca Miklavec
<mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to inform you that due to some other unavoidable obligations
> at the faculty, I have been forced to move the ConTeXt meeting to 29th
> October - 3rd November, unless I will be able to find someone else to
> take over the organisation.

LOL: You really scared me, Mojca ;-)

Best wishes
Idris

International Journal of Shi`i Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: ConTeXt meeting moved to October/November
@ 2008-04-01 21:58   ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-04-01 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

> LOL: You really scared me, Mojca ;-)

  You're no fun: April Fools are not supposed to be disclosed in public!
You should have said something like “I would be happy to take over
organization at the original date, but you would have to come to the US
(I have found the perfect location for a conference at the bottom of the
Grand Canyon)” :-)

	Arthur

P-S: By the way, for next year I have found the perfect location for a
conference on Easter Island ...

* Re: ConTeXt meeting moved to October/November
@ 2008-04-01 22:00   ` Hans Hagen
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-04-01 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:15:00 -0600, Mojca Miklavec
> <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm sorry to inform you that due to some other unavoidable obligations
>> at the faculty, I have been forced to move the ConTeXt meeting to 29th
>> October - 3rd November, unless I will be able to find someone else to
>> take over the organisation.
>
> LOL: You really scared me, Mojca ;-)

well, i just booked a flight for the mentioned period, so now she has to
organize two conferences

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2008-04-01 22:13     ` Arthur Reutenauer
From: Arthur Reutenauer @ 2008-04-01 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> well, i just booked a flight for the mentioned period, so now she has to
> organize two conferences

  I would have, too, but the network folks at my university have just
informed us that in order to support sustainable development and spend
less energy, they will shut down our Internet connection 50% of the time
at random moments this week, and I don't want to risk being in the
process of typing my credit card number when this happens ...

	Arthur

* Re: ConTeXt meeting moved to October/November
@ 2008-04-01 22:35     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-04-01 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>  > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:15:00 -0600, Mojca Miklavec
>  > <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >> I'm sorry to inform you that due to some other unavoidable obligations
>  >> at the faculty, I have been forced to move the ConTeXt meeting to 29th
>  >> October - 3rd November, unless I will be able to find someone else to
>  >> take over the organisation.
>
>  well, i just booked a flight for the mentioned period, so now she has to
>  organize two conferences

Now, you have sent that 16 seconds past midnight.
I could only wish that the timing would have been intended ... ;)

@ 2008-04-02  4:48     ` Jean Magnan de Bornier
From: Jean Magnan de Bornier @ 2008-04-02  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Le 01 avril à 22:32:56 "Mojca Miklavec" <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> écrit notamment:

| On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
| > I hope you are joking, no?!
| >
| >  As today is April fool's day I don't worry about your email ...
| >  ... otherwise I really would, cause as all tickets are now booked and
| >  payed for August!!!
>
| No need to worry.
>
| Mojca

Getting up the 2nd of april, I find the whole thread, yesterday I had only
seen your original letter, and *believed it*!! (I heard many april's fool
yesterday but only bought yours!)

What a relief! (says Charlie Brown)
--
Jean

* Re: ConTeXt meeting moved to October/November
@ 2008-04-02 11:49     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-04-02 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:00 AM, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> Idris Samawi Hamid wrote:
>  > On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:15:00 -0600, Mojca Miklavec
>  > <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >> I'm sorry to inform you that due to some other unavoidable obligations
>  >> at the faculty, I have been forced to move the ConTeXt meeting to 29th
>  >> October - 3rd November, unless I will be able to find someone else to
>  >> take over the organisation.
No problem for me .
For an alternative location, there is my home free in that period.

--
luigi
it's new .