* Module documentation
@ 2008-04-11 14:25 richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2008-04-11 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,

I have been using Context for a while now and have learnt a lot from the
manuals and wiki.  I now want to start to use features that are not
documented.  On the wiki
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation#ConTeXt_Sources)
I found the following command for producing a pdf output for a module:

texmfstart texexec --module kpse:core-tab.tex

which seems ideal for learning more.  When I run the above command line it
creates a .ted file but then complains:

"I can't find the format file 'cont-en.fmt'!"

On Luigi Scarso's page
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf) he suggests
the following:

texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex

but this returns no output at all, and no pdf.

I am working on Windows.  I installed (this week) from the
context/install/mswincontext.zip on the Pragma site and normally build
from the Scite editor.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Richard Stephens

* Re: Module documentation
@ 2008-04-14  8:27 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-04-14  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM,  <richard.stephens@converteam.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have been using Context for a while now and have learnt a lot from the
> manuals and wiki.  I now want to start to use features that are not
> documented.  On the wiki
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation#ConTeXt_Sources)
> I found the following command for producing a pdf output for a module:
>
> texmfstart texexec --module kpse:core-tab.tex
>
> which seems ideal for learning more.  When I run the above command line it
> creates a .ted file but then complains:
>
> "I can't find the format file 'cont-en.fmt'!"
>
> On Luigi Scarso's page
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf) he suggests
> the following:
>
> texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex
>
> but this returns no output at all, and no pdf.
>
> I am working on Windows.  I installed (this week) from the
> context/install/mswincontext.zip on the Pragma site and normally build from
> the Scite editor.
>
> Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?

The mswincontext package use local settings for the paths and you can
use them only with scite or the setup script. You could try to add the path
for the setuptext script to the global path variables to use LuaTeX etc.
systemwide or you use the command line from scite.

Wolfgang

* Re: Module documentation
@ 2008-04-14 23:26   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-04-14 23:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM,  <richard.stephens@converteam.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > Hello all,
>  >
>  > I have been using Context for a while now and have learnt a lot from the
>  > manuals and wiki.  I now want to start to use features that are not
>  > documented.  On the wiki
>  > (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation#ConTeXt_Sources)
>  > I found the following command for producing a pdf output for a module:
>  >
>  > texmfstart texexec --module kpse:core-tab.tex
>  >
>  > which seems ideal for learning more.  When I run the above command line it
>  > creates a .ted file but then complains:
>  >
>  > "I can't find the format file 'cont-en.fmt'!"
>  >
>  > On Luigi Scarso's page
>  > (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf) he suggests
>  > the following:
>  >
>  > texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex
>  >
>  > but this returns no output at all, and no pdf.
>  >
>  > I am working on Windows.  I installed (this week) from the
>  > context/install/mswincontext.zip on the Pragma site and normally build from
>  > the Scite editor.
>  >
>  > Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong?
>
>  The mswincontext package use local settings for the paths and you can
>  use them only with scite or the setup script. You could try to add the path
>  for the setuptext script to the global path variables to use LuaTeX etc.
>  systemwide or you use the command line from scite.

You need to run something like (single line!!!):

C:\Programs\context\usr\local\context\tex\setuptex.bat
C:\Programs\context\usr\local\context\tex

in command prompt. For "texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex" to work
you need to be in context base folder (tex/context/base; kpse makes
sure that you find & take the proper file automatically), and you
probably need to report a few problems in the source to be able to
compile that particular source file :)

Mojca

* Re: Module documentation
@ 2008-04-15 14:47 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-04-15 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Luigi Scarso's page
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/User:Luigi.scarso/modules.pdf) he suggests
> the following:
>
> texexec --module --pdf core-tab.tex
sooner I will move this stuffs to supelec

--
luigi
it's new .

* Re: Module documentation
@ 2008-04-15  8:13 richard.stephens
From: richard.stephens @ 2008-04-15  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Wolfgang and Mojca,

Thank-you for your replies.  They have enabled me to set up a little batch
file to make life easier when I want to generate a module document.

Thanks,

Richard Stephens

* Re: Module documentation
@ 2001-01-02 17:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-01-02 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 06:29 PM 12/30/00 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
>I recently began "playing" with the TeXexec --module capabilities, and lo! I
>have a a couple of hints :-)
>
>It would be nice if \input'ed files could be (at the user's choice) be
>processed at together with the main files, if they are modules (e.g., there
>would be not much to do on plain.mp included by metafun.mp, but it would be
>nice if all the others were typeset too; in such a case (or even _not_ in
>such a case), \input's could be turned to links.

That would lead to quite bug files over here -)

I can put the link on the todo list. It will never be watertight, since
there is no way to find out alternative inputs.

>Also, I would like to signal a couple of bugs
>
>a) double %D %D bug in metafun.mp;

bug.

>1) syntax highlighting is too aggressive: filenames should not be syntax
>highlighted (I mean mp-char.mp has "char" highlighted);

This is a bug but hard to catch since a-b is syntactically right, and i
cannot [like wirh strings] use " as signals.

>2) it seems that some modules use cont-nl, while other use cont-en
>(specifically for the latter: mp-tool has a \quote command, which is not
>recognized; core-fnt has a \getbuffer whici is not recognized);

For the moment cont-nl indeed, so i need to change that.

>enough by now ...
>
>(Hans, shall I post other bugs I find publicly, or do you want them sent
>separately?)

separate mail is probably less boring for other list members; real context
core-bugs can go to the list

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Module documentation