On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:29 PM, John Culleton wrote: > On Friday 26 September 2008 02:45:14 pm luigi scarso wrote: > > > maybe gs is too old. > > you can try with 8.61 or 8.62 or 8.63 (and cross the fingers ...) > > I downloaded ghostscript 8.63 but the pdf2ps error persists. but the > error goes away if I uses an earlier version of context, namely: > TeXExec 5.2.4 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2005 > (tetex distribution.) > Therefore the problem lies in the recent Context I have been using, > and not in ghostscript nor in my code. Unfortunatly, I'm not sure about this. During these years I have discover bugs in pdftex/luatex but also in ghostoscript too; really, it seems that I have found another one this week in gs 8.63, but not in gs8.62 pdf spec. gs, luatex/context mkiv are moving target; three year ago the situation was a bit more stable. -- luigi PS Do you cross the fingers ?