On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > > Hi John, > > John Culleton wrote: > > Therefore the problem lies in the recent Context I have been using, > > and not in ghostscript nor in my code. > > I am fairly certain the bug will also go away if you start your new > context documents with > > \pdfobjcompresslevel=0 > or > \pdfminorversion=4 > \pdfminorversion=4 solve my problems with ghostscript at least from 2005; from 8.62, gs has some problems with fonts and rotate last page 90 clockwise or counter clockwise with some pdf . gs 8.63 works only with \pdfobjcompresslevel=0 (I mean, same problems of gs 8.62.) > as that automatically suppresses object compression, the number one > cause of ghostscript issues with newer pdf files. > Not only with pdf, even in compilation. Starting from 8.62 I 'm not able to build libgs from source tree because there are some binaries that do not compile. I must compile ghostpdl, take these intermediary binaries (echogs, I believe, and some others) put them into ghostscript tree and recompile. Funny, after all. -- luigi