On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > Mauricio wrote: > >>> I also like to write programs (I use a really > >>> nice language named Haskell). Do you thing I > >>> could get what I want if I write or translate > >>> typography functions to that language, and then > >>> write programs to generate documents? Where > >>> could I find or where could I learn about such > >>> functions? > >> You can also have a look at ant http://ant.berlios.de/. It is not as > big > >> as TeX and is written in Ocaml, so you may find it easier to understand > >> than the source code of TeX (a mixture of pascal, change files, and C). > >> > > > > Great! Thanks! There's a lot there I can study. > > IIRC, earlier versions of ant were actually written in haskell. > > Regarding stuff to read: the typeset version of the (pdf)tex source > ((pdf)tex.web+(pdf)tex.ch after processing by weave) is probably still > the best "beginner's book" if you want to start implementing a general > typesetting system. And, for luatex, http://groups.foundry.supelec.fr/modules/luatex/luatex.pdf -- luigi