* can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-06 21:49 Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-06 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,
I've just been trying to install context on Ubuntu 8.10.
Today I went to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/
and followed the instructions:

> On unix (linux, mac, freebsd, sun, ...) run:
>
> 	mkdir context && cd context
> 	rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
> 	./first-setup.sh

The first-setup script initially failed because I did not have ruby
installed. So I installed ruby and then ran it again.

It cranked away for awhile, then ended up with the error:
	! I can't find file `core-swd'.
	<to be read again>
	                   \relax
	l.228 \loadmkiifile{core-swd}

The preceding output was:
	systeem     : markering subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer gedefinieerd
[subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer]
	)

However, when I do a search, I see that there is a file core-swd.mkii.
Its path is context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base
(I kid you not -- tex and context each show up three times in the path!)

Can anybody suggest how to fix the problem?

Thanks,
Lars

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-06 22:02 ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-06 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/6/2008 3:49 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just been trying to install context on Ubuntu 8.10.
> Today I went to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/
> and followed the instructions:
>
>> On unix (linux, mac, freebsd, sun, ...) run:
>>
>> 	mkdir context && cd context
>> 	rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>> 	./first-setup.sh
>
> The first-setup script initially failed because I did not have ruby
> installed. So I installed ruby and then ran it again.
>
> It cranked away for awhile, then ended up with the error:
> 	! I can't find file `core-swd'.
> 	<to be read again>
> 	                   \relax
> 	l.228 \loadmkiifile{core-swd}
>
> The preceding output was:

Let me add a little more preceding output:
	(/home/.../context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-sec.mkii

> 	systeem     : markering subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer gedefinieerd
> [subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer]
> 	)
>
> However, when I do a search, I see that there is a file core-swd.mkii.
> Its path is context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base
> (I kid you not -- tex and context each show up three times in the path!)
>
> Can anybody suggest how to fix the problem?

Just for kicks, I tried the following. The prompt said
	Please type another input file name:
so I entered "core-swd.mkii" (i.e. I added the .mkii suffix).
This seemed to satisfy the processor ... until the same error happened
again a little while later (with the same preceding output).
This happened about 4 times total.

Was that a legitimate solution? Or should it really be looking for a
core-swd.tex file?

Thanks,
Lars

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-06 22:13   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-06 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.11.2008 um 23:02 schrieb Lars Huttar:

> On 11/6/2008 3:49 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've just been trying to install context on Ubuntu 8.10.
>> Today I went to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/
>> and followed the instructions:
>>
>>> On unix (linux, mac, freebsd, sun, ...) run:
>>>
>>> 	mkdir context && cd context
>>> 	rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-
>>> setup.sh .
>>> 	./first-setup.sh
>>
>> The first-setup script initially failed because I did not have ruby
>> installed. So I installed ruby and then ran it again.
>>
>> It cranked away for awhile, then ended up with the error:
>> 	! I can't find file `core-swd'.
>> 	<to be read again>
>> 	                   \relax
>> 	l.228 \loadmkiifile{core-swd}
>>
>> The preceding output was:
>
> Let me add a little more preceding output:
> 	(/home/.../context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-sec.mkii
>
>> 	systeem     : markering subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer gedefinieerd
>> [subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer]
>> 	)
>>
>> However, when I do a search, I see that there is a file core-
>> swd.mkii.
>> Its path is context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base
>> (I kid you not -- tex and context each show up three times in the
>> path!)
>>
>> Can anybody suggest how to fix the problem?
>
> Just for kicks, I tried the following. The prompt said
> 	Please type another input file name:
> so I entered "core-swd.mkii" (i.e. I added the .mkii suffix).
> This seemed to satisfy the processor ... until the same error happened
> again a little while later (with the same preceding output).
> This happened about 4 times total.
>
> Was that a legitimate solution? Or should it really be looking for a
> core-swd.tex file?

Can your try this:

mtxrun --selfupdate
luatools --selfupdate
context --generate
context --make en

Wolfgang

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-06 22:25 ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-06 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Huttar; +Cc: ntg-context

On 11/6/2008 3:49 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just been trying to install context on Ubuntu 8.10.
> Today I went to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/
> and followed the instructions:
>
>> On unix (linux, mac, freebsd, sun, ...) run:
>>
>> 	mkdir context && cd context
>> 	rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>> 	./first-setup.sh
>
> The first-setup script initially failed because I did not have ruby
> installed. So I installed ruby and then ran it again.
>
> It cranked away for awhile, then ended up with the error:
> 	! I can't find file `core-swd'.
> 	<to be read again>
> 	                   \relax
> 	l.228 \loadmkiifile{core-swd}
>
> The preceding output was:
> 	systeem     : markering subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer gedefinieerd
> [subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer]
> 	)
>
> However, when I do a search, I see that there is a file core-swd.mkii.
> Its path is context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base

Just to clarify, since I wasn't explicit: there is no core-swd.tex file
in the context/base folder.

Googling "core-swd context" gives results that indicate there used to be
a core-swd.tex file there. I could use the google cached copy, although
I suppose there was some reason why it was removed?

After using the google cached copy, and rerunning the first-setup
script, the script ends without obvious errors:
	TeXExec | runtime: 14.383196
	make | done
	state | saved

Can anyone confirm that using the cached core-swd.tex indeed solved the
problem, rather than merely masking it?
Maybe core-swd.tex was rightfully removed, and the correct fix would be
to remove the reference to it in the other file?

Thanks,
Lars

> Can anybody suggest how to fix the problem?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-06 22:37   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-06 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 06.11.2008 um 23:25 schrieb Lars Huttar:

> On 11/6/2008 3:49 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've just been trying to install context on Ubuntu 8.10.
>> Today I went to http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/
>> and followed the instructions:
>>
>>> On unix (linux, mac, freebsd, sun, ...) run:
>>>
>>> 	mkdir context && cd context
>>> 	rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-
>>> setup.sh .
>>> 	./first-setup.sh
>>
>> The first-setup script initially failed because I did not have ruby
>> installed. So I installed ruby and then ran it again.
>>
>> It cranked away for awhile, then ended up with the error:
>> 	! I can't find file `core-swd'.
>> 	<to be read again>
>> 	                   \relax
>> 	l.228 \loadmkiifile{core-swd}
>>
>> The preceding output was:
>> 	systeem     : markering subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer gedefinieerd
>> [subsubsubsubonderwerpnummer]
>> 	)
>>
>> However, when I do a search, I see that there is a file core-
>> swd.mkii.
>> Its path is context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base
>
> Just to clarify, since I wasn't explicit: there is no core-swd.tex
> file
> in the context/base folder.
>
> Googling "core-swd context" gives results that indicate there used
> to be
> a core-swd.tex file there. I could use the google cached copy,
> although
> I suppose there was some reason why it was removed?
>
> After using the google cached copy, and rerunning the first-setup
> script, the script ends without obvious errors:
> 	TeXExec | runtime: 14.383196
> 	make | done
> 	state | saved
>
> Can anyone confirm that using the cached core-swd.tex indeed solved
> the
> problem, rather than merely masking it?
> Maybe core-swd.tex was rightfully removed, and the correct fix would
> be
> to remove the reference to it in the other file?

core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
under the name core-swd.mkii

Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.

Wolfgang

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 16:20     ` Alan STONE
From: Alan STONE @ 2008-11-11 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
> under the name core-swd.mkii
>
> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.

It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.

--
Best,
Alan

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 16:45       ` Alan STONE
From: Alan STONE @ 2008-11-11 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Alan STONE
<software.list.1es9s@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
> schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
>> under the name core-swd.mkii
>>
>> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.
>>

> It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.

This did make it work...

texmfstart mtxrun --selfupdate
texmfstart luatools --selfupdate
texmfstart luatools --generate
texmfstart texexec --lua --make --all

--
Best,
Alan

* TeX engine = LuaTeX
* ConTeXt  minimals ver: 2008.56.06 19:11 MKIV  fmt: 2008.11.10  int:
english/english
* Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 17:01       ` Wolfgang Schuster
                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-11 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.11.2008 um 17:20 schrieb Alan STONE:

> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com
> > wrote:
> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
> under the name core-swd.mkii
>
> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.
>
> It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.

What is the result from "kpsewhich core-swd.mkii".

Wolfgang

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 17:35         ` Alan STONE
From: Alan STONE @ 2008-11-11 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> What is the result from "kpsewhich core-swd.mkii".
>
> Wolfgang

c:/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.mkii

--
Best,
Alan

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 18:28         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2008-11-11 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Alan STONE wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Alan STONE
> <software.list.1es9s@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <
>> schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
>>> under the name core-swd.mkii
>>>
>>> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.
>>>

>> It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.
>>

> This did make it work...
>
> texmfstart mtxrun --selfupdate
> texmfstart luatools --selfupdate
> texmfstart luatools --generate
> texmfstart texexec --lua --make --all

But this is generating mkiv format and not mkii format.

Aditya

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 18:41           ` Alan STONE
From: Alan STONE @ 2008-11-11 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, Alan STONE wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Alan STONE
> > <software.list.1es9s@gmail.com>wrote:

> >> It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.
> >>

> > This did make it work...
> >
> > texmfstart mtxrun --selfupdate
> > texmfstart luatools --selfupdate
> > texmfstart luatools --generate
> > texmfstart texexec --lua --make --all
>
> But this is generating mkiv format and not mkii format.

You're right, I've been working too long on the computer today. Switching
off...

--
Best,
Alan

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 19:32   ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-11 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Can your try this:
>
> mtxrun --selfupdate
> luatools --selfupdate
> context --generate
> context --make en
>
> Wolfgang

I guess I should first delete the core-swd.tex that I got from cache?
(Did that...)

mtxrun gives "command not found"... So I added context/bin to the PATH.

Then I ran mtxrun again and got
	/usr/bin/env: texlua: No such file or directory.

Later I found
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#First_Installation which
said to add something like "source [dir...]/context/tex/setuptex
[dir...]/context/tex" to the system startup script.

(It would be helpful to add a prominent link to
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#First_Installation from
the instructions at http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/, labeled
"Please see more complete instructions here". There is currently a link
between those two pages, but it is labeled "These might eventually
become a new minimal ConTeXt distribution" which doesn't suggest that
you need to visit the link to supplement the installation instructions
already given.)

After adding the above source line, the four commands you asked me to
try run without obvious errors.

No base/core-swd.tex file appears.

Is there something specific I should look for to tell whether the above
commands solved my problem? Should I run first-setup.sh again?

Thanks,
Lars

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 20:56     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-11-11 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM, Lars Huttar <lars_huttar@sil.org> wrote:

> [...]
> [dir...]/context/tex" to the system startup script.
>
> (It would be helpful to add a prominent link to
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#First_Installation from
> the instructions at http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/, labeled
> "Please see more complete instructions here". There is currently a link
> between those two pages, but it is labeled "These might eventually
> become a new minimal ConTeXt distribution" which doesn't suggest that
> you need to visit the link to supplement the installation instructions
> already given.)
>
> After adding the above source line, the four commands you asked me to
> try run without obvious errors.
>
> No base/core-swd.tex file appears.
>
> Is there something specific I should look for to tell whether the above
> commands solved my problem? Should I run first-setup.sh again?

I write how I setup my "minimals-beta" on a linux box  ubuntu 8.04

1) mkdir -p /opt/luatex/minimals-beta
2) cd /opt/luatex/minimals-beta
2a) Now put here first-setup.sh (see contextgarden.net/minimals)
3)  ./first-setup.sh
4) cd tex
**IMPORTANT**
5) . setuptex
=============================
6) context --generate
7) context --make
8)Every time I start a mkiv session
as first step I do
cd /opt/luatex/minimals-beta/tex
. setuptext
to ensure correct initilization of env. variables.
9a)context --generate
9b)context --make
to unsure a clean session.
10) always use context to make pdf; ie compile yours files with
context basic-test.tex

If you open first-setup.sh and change this line near the end
mtxrun --verbose --script ./bin/mtx-update.lua --update --make --force
--engine=all --context=beta --tree=$PWD/tex $@
in
mtxrun --verbose --script ./bin/mtx-update.lua --update --make --force
--engine=all  --tree=$PWD/tex $@
and then
1) mkdir -p /opt/luatex/minimals
2)...
and so on
you can then end with a "minimals" installation (actually minimalsBIRTHDAY)

Actually I have
minimals-beta, minimals and  tl2008 completly unrelated
so each installations has is own fonts etc etc.
It's ok, because minimals and minimals-beta are not so huge and I want to be
sure that minimals-beta and minimals work

--
luigi

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 22:20     ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-11 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/11/2008 1:32 PM, Lars Huttar wrote:
> [...]
> [dir...]/context/tex" to the system startup script.
>
> (It would be helpful to add a prominent link to
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#First_Installation from
> the instructions at http://minimals.contextgarden.net/setup/, labeled
> "Please see more complete instructions here". There is currently a link
> between those two pages, but it is labeled "These might eventually
> become a new minimal ConTeXt distribution" which doesn't suggest that
> you need to visit the link to supplement the installation instructions
> already given.)
>
> After adding the above source line, the four commands you asked me to
> try run without obvious errors.
>
> No base/core-swd.tex file appears.
>
> Is there something specific I should look for to tell whether the above
> commands solved my problem? Should I run first-setup.sh again?

I ran first-setup.sh again, because that was where I first encountered
the error "I can't find file `core-swd'."
It gave the same error again, even after running the four commands you
suggested, Wolfgang.

I don't know the setup well enough to know whether this means that the
problem was not solved, or whether it means that the problem was solved
by the four commands but was unsolved by first-setup.sh.

Lars

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 22:37         ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-11 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
> under the name core-swd.mkii
>
> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks for taking the time to look into this...

I tried the command you suggested and got the same error: "I can't find
file `core-swd'."

(Apologies that this reply is not linked to the email it really replies
to. For some reason the above email didn't make it to my inbox; I only
found it via gmane.)

Lars

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 22:39         ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-11 22:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11/11/2008 11:01 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Am 11.11.2008 um 17:20 schrieb Alan STONE:
>
>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com
>>> wrote:
>> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
>> under the name core-swd.mkii
>>
>> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.
>>
>> It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.
>
> What is the result from "kpsewhich core-swd.mkii".
>
> Wolfgang

I got basically the same as Alan Stone:

/home/ethnologue/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.mkii

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 23:03       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-11-11 23:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I ran first-setup.sh again, because that was where I first encountered
> the error "I can't find file `core-swd'."
> It gave the same error again, even after running the four commands you
> suggested, Wolfgang.
>
> I don't know the setup well enough to know whether this means that the
> problem was not solved, or whether it means that the problem was solved
> by the four commands but was unsolved by first-setup.sh.
>
> Lars

Did you try my steps ?

--
luigi

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-11 23:06           ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-11 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 11.11.2008 um 23:39 schrieb Lars Huttar:

> On 11/11/2008 11:01 AM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 11.11.2008 um 17:20 schrieb Alan STONE:
>>
>>> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:37 PM, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com
>>> core-swd.tex is removed in the last beta and the old file was saved
>>> under the name core-swd.mkii
>>>
>>> Generate the formats with "texexec --make --all" and it should work.
>>>
>>> It doesn't work (on Windows XP), neither adding the mkii suffix.
>>
>> What is the result from "kpsewhich core-swd.mkii".
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> I got basically the same as Alan Stone:
>
> /home/ethnologue/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-
> swd.mkii

It's Hans fault, he loads core-swd in context.mkii with the command
\loadmkiifile but the command expects .tex as file extension, you
could either rename core-swd.mkii to core-swd.tex or you change
the line \loadmkiifile{core-swd} to \loadmarkfile{core-swd} or
\loadmkiifile{core-swd.mkii}.

Wolfgang

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-12  0:11             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-11-12  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Wolfgang Schuster <
schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Am 11.11.2008 um 23:39 schrieb Lars Huttar:

> schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com

> >> What is the result from "kpsewhich core-swd.mkii".
> >>
> >> Wolfgang
> >
> > I got basically the same as Alan Stone:
> >
> > /home/ethnologue/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-
> > swd.mkii
>
> It's Hans fault, he loads core-swd in context.mkii with the command
> \loadmkiifile but the command expects .tex as file extension, you
> could either rename core-swd.mkii to core-swd.tex or you change
> the line \loadmkiifile{core-swd} to \loadmarkfile{core-swd} or
> \loadmkiifile{core-swd.mkii}.
>
> Wolfgang

Sorry , but here
texexec --make --all
and
context --make
work ok
for minimals-beta and minimals

in minimals-beta
#  find . -name "*swd*"
./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.mkii
./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.tex
(they are equals)

in minimals
# find . -name "*swd*"
./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.tex

minimals-beta
Linux luigicasa-laptop 2.6.24-21-generic #1 SMP Tue Oct 21 23:43:45 UTC 2008
i686 GNU/Linux
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.30.2-2008102016, build unknown
ConTeXt MtxRun | current version: 2008.11.10 21:40

minimalsBIRTHDAY
Linux luigicasa-laptop 2.6.24-21-generic #1 SMP Tue Oct 21 23:43:45 UTC 2008
i686 GNU/Linux
This is LuaTeX, Version snapshot-0.30.2-2008102016, build unknown
ConTeXt MtxRun | current version: 2008.10.31 13:58

Maybe I don't understand the point .

--
luigi

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-12  7:33               ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2008-11-12  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, Nov 12 2008, luigi scarso wrote:

> > It's Hans fault, he loads core-swd in context.mkii with the command
> > \loadmkiifile but the command expects .tex as file extension, you
> > could either rename core-swd.mkii to core-swd.tex or you change
> > the line \loadmkiifile{core-swd} to \loadmarkfile{core-swd} or
> > \loadmkiifile{core-swd.mkii}.
> >
> Sorry , but here
> texexec --make --all
> and
> context --make
> work ok
> for minimals-beta and minimals
>
> in minimals-beta
> #  find . -name "*swd*"
> ./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.mkii
> ./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.tex
> (they are equals)
>
> in minimals
> # find . -name "*swd*"
> ./tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-swd.tex

One error cancels the other:
- first error: there is no more core-swd.tex but it's needed by the
  \loadmkiifile command
- second error: the installer for the minimals only adds new files but
  never removes obsolete ones (no --del switch for rsync).

So you're lucky, because there is still an old core-swd.tex in your tree
that will never be removed automatically.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-12  8:22                 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-11-12  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> One error cancels the other:
> - first error: there is no more core-swd.tex but it's needed by the
>  \loadmkiifile command
> - second error: the installer for the minimals only adds new files but
>  never removes obsolete ones (no --del switch for rsync).
>
> So you're lucky, because there is still an old core-swd.tex in your tree
> that will never be removed automatically.

yes, I suppose that.
There are some differences between *zip and minimals,
but actually I prefear  minimals .

--
luigi

* Re: can't find file `core-swd'
@ 2008-11-18 14:45             ` Lars Huttar
From: Lars Huttar @ 2008-11-18 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 11.11.2008 um 23:39 schrieb Lars Huttar:

>>> What is the result from "kpsewhich core-swd.mkii".
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>> I got basically the same as Alan Stone:
>>
>> /home/ethnologue/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/core-
>> swd.mkii
>
> It's Hans fault, he loads core-swd in context.mkii with the command
> \loadmkiifile but the command expects .tex as file extension, you
> could either rename core-swd.mkii to core-swd.tex or you change
> the line \loadmkiifile{core-swd} to \loadmarkfile{core-swd} or
> \loadmkiifile{core-swd.mkii}.
>
> Wolfgang

OK, thanks.

Lars