* font style, font case question
@ 2008-11-21 16:10 Alan STONE
From: Alan STONE @ 2008-11-21 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Re: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Basic_Text_Formatting

Although font style and font cases are mentioned separately in the table,
from the few test I've done it doesn't seem font styles and font cases can
be combined, for ex.: \bf \sc sometext. Is that so for all of them ? If not,
is
there a normal font case, aka \tf for the font style/size ?

--
Best,
Alan

* TeX engine = LuaTeX
*ConTeXt minimals ver: 2008.11.10 21:40 MKIV  fmt: 2008.11.21  int:
english/english
* Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

* Re: font style, font case question
@ 2008-11-22 13:42 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-11-22 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 21.11.2008 um 17:10 schrieb Alan STONE:

> Hi,
>
> Re: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Basic_Text_Formatting
>
> Although font style and font cases are mentioned separately in the
> table,
> from the few test I've done it doesn't seem font styles and font
> cases can
> be combined, for ex.: \bf \sc sometext. Is that so for all of them ?
> If not, is
> there a normal font case, aka \tf for the font style/size ?

1. Latin modern has no bold small caps,

2. by default small caps are defined as SerifCaps, SansCaps ...
    and this is a style switch,

3. In a many OpenType fonts you could get small caps with
    the smcp feature, to use it redefine the \sc command to
    \def\sc{\groupedcommand{\setfontfeature{smallcaps}}{}}.

Wolfgang

* Re: font style, font case question
@ 2008-11-23  6:12   ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2008-11-23  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> 3. In a many OpenType fonts you could get small caps with
>    the smcp feature, to use it redefine the \sc command to
>    \def\sc{\groupedcommand{\setfontfeature{smallcaps}}{}}.

I can enable a feature using the \setfontfeature, how can I disable a feature?
like \setfontfeature{-smcp}?

btw, how can I use lowercase numbers globally in MKII?
Luigi gave me a link to the mailing list on this issue yesterday, but
it is a broken link:(

Yue Wang

@ 2008-11-23  8:17     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2008-11-23  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 7:12 AM, Yue Wang <yuleopen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> 3. In a many OpenType fonts you could get small caps with
>>    the smcp feature, to use it redefine the \sc command to
>>    \def\sc{\groupedcommand{\setfontfeature{smallcaps}}{}}.
>
> I can enable a feature using the \setfontfeature, how can I disable a feature?
> like \setfontfeature{-smcp}?
>
> btw, how can I use lowercase numbers globally in MKII?
> Luigi gave me a link to the mailing list on this issue yesterday, but
> it is a broken link:(

 http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context
you can download **all ** mails
and search for what you need .