On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Kevin D. Robbins < krobbins@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am looking for ideas of how to capture a typeset page (as it would appear > in the resulting pdf output) into a box instead of actually shipping it out > directly, if it is possible. I would like to take advantage of ConTeXt's > layout features including layers, otherwise I would just create the box with > \setbox. > It's not an answer, but I think that it's an OTR (output routine) + mutlipass problem. if you search for 'OTR' in base/* you will find what you need. Also lua offers a table serializazion which can be useful instead of \showbox . > > My intent is to draw slides using all of ConTeXt's many layout features, > but capture the rendered slide in a box so I can use it either as a full > page in the presentation output or as a scaled image included as a figure in > a full text "train the trainer" document. > Why the final pdf is not OK ? You can convert an arbitrary page to a bitmap with ghostscript . -- luigi