On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Yue Wang wrote: > Hi, > > > yes I know. > > But just to keep some kind of uniformity, as the book seems to suggest. > > no. the more widely used name is CJK. > see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJKV, it will redirect to CJK. > Unicode standard also classified the group as CJK. > (Version 5.1.0, page 409) > > CJK uses the similar writing systems, all of them use Chinese Characters. > Modern Vietnamese do not include Chinese characters, it uses the Latin > writing system. > Only ancient Vietnamese includes Chinese characters, and that's why > some websites/books use CJKV. > good to know -- as usual, I'm not able to read all book I bought . -- luigi