* LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-22 15:56 Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-22 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mailing ConTeXt users list for

I am currently faced with an unacceptable choice (ConTeXt  ver:
2009.01.18 14:39 MKII).

My environment file has:

\enableregime[mac]
\mainlanguage[en]
% use \fr, \de, e.g., for local changes

%%%%	  Margin Kerning and Font Expansion
\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono,mm][hanging][normal]
\setupalign[hz,hanging]
\setupfootnotes[align={hz,hanging}]

\startfonthandling[greekpure]
\defineprotrudefactor . 0 1
\defineprotrudefactor , 0 1
\defineprotrudefactor ; 0 1
\defineprotrudefactor ? 0 1
\defineprotrudefactor - 0 1

\defineprotrudefactor hyphen 0 1
\defineprotrudefactor endash 0 .5
\defineprotrudefactor emdash 0 .33
\stopfonthandling

%%%%	  Default Encoding
\setupencoding[default=ec]

% install Latin Modern
% install margin kerning BEFORE the font is loaded: since Latin Modern
is
% loaded before font definitions, load it again

\usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding] 			%<<==
\starttypescript[serif][default][size]					%<<==
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
\stoptypescript									%<<==

\setupbodyfont[lmodern,rm,10.5pt]

%\setupfontsynonym[Serif][handling=normal]

% install Greek Font
\usemodule[ancientgreek]
[font=GreekDioxipe,scale=1.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]

\setupfontsynonym[GreekDioxipe][handling=greekpure]
\setupfontsynonym[GreekCanonica][handling=greekpure]

If I run it as it is, the Greek fonts behave properly but I get
arithmetic overflow errors as soon as ConTeXt reaches a footnote:
e.g.

! Arithmetic overflow.
\dododefineprotrudefactor ...width \fi \fi \relax
                                                   \rpcode
\handledfont #1\di...

\dosetpairhandling ...ng \let \char \normalchar }}
                                                   \fi
<inserted text> ...ododefineprotrudefactor ! 0 .2
                                                   \dosetpairhandling
\dodode...

\next1 ...csname \the \csname \@fha@ #1\endcsname
                                                   \fi
\rawprocesscommaitem ...commalevel \endcsname {#1}
                                                   \expandafter
\rawprocessco...
<argument> punctuation,a
                         lpha,extended
l.34 \footnotetext[first]
                          {An Italian version of this review is to be
publish...

If I comment the lines marked by %<<==, the Greek fonts do not print
at the right size and I lose all control of the scaling. (Changing the
scale accomlishes nothing.) Still, I do get footnotes and document
processes properly otherwise.

Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Alan

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 17:22 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-23 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please forgive my resending this. The problem is acute since it
concerns a journal that I publish.

As I understand it right now, the problem is that Thomas's latest
Greek module and my installation of Latin Modern in MKII are not
playing nicely together. (The module works well when I use other fonts).

Is there a better diagnosis of the problem or even  a fix for it? I
would really hate to have to change the bodyfont for the journal at
this point in the current volume.

Alan

On Feb 22, 2009, at 10;56,17 , Alan Bowen wrote: acute

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 17:40   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-23 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a problem with math support in a particular beta version a few
weeks ago. It has been fixed in the meantime; the latest beta works
normally, but in order to install it, you will have to either wait for
Taco to make a new snapshot of luatex available at supelec.fr or
compile luatex from trunk. Or you can go back to the stable version of
ConTeXt from 2008-10-31.

Thomas

On Feb 23, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Please forgive my resending this. The problem is acute since it
> concerns a journal that I publish.
>
> As I understand it right now, the problem is that Thomas's latest
> Greek module and my installation of Latin Modern in MKII are not
> playing nicely together. (The module works well when I use other
> fonts).
>
> Is there a better diagnosis of the problem or even  a fix for it? I
> would really hate to have to change the bodyfont for the journal at
> this point in the current volume.
>
> Alan

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 17:52     ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-23 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Thomas. This is a great help.

But one question before I do this: if I remove the --context=beta
switch will running first-setup.sh install the last stable minimal
version?

Alan

On Feb 23, 2009, at 12;40,14 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> This is a problem with math support in a particular beta version a
> few weeks ago. It has been fixed in the meantime; the latest beta
> works normally, but in order to install it, you will have to either
> wait for Taco to make a new snapshot of luatex available at
> supelec.fr or compile luatex from trunk. Or you can go back to the
> stable version of ConTeXt from 2008-10-31.
>
> Thomas
>
> On Feb 23, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> Please forgive my resending this. The problem is acute since it
>> concerns a journal that I publish.
>>
>> As I understand it right now, the problem is that Thomas's latest
>> Greek module and my installation of Latin Modern in MKII are not
>> playing nicely together. (The module works well when I use other
>> fonts).
>>
>> Is there a better diagnosis of the problem or even  a fix for it? I
>> would really hate to have to change the bodyfont for the journal at
>> this point in the current volume.
>>
>> Alan

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 18:26       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-23 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> But one question before I do this: if I remove the --context=beta switch
> will running first-setup.sh install the last stable minimal version?

yes, (it's written near the end of first-setup.sh)
--
luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 19:20         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-23 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Luigi.

A.
On Feb 23, 2009, at 13;26,48 , luigi scarso wrote:

>> But one question before I do this: if I remove the --context=beta
>> switch
>> will running first-setup.sh install the last stable minimal version?
>
> yes, (it's written near the end of first-setup.sh)
> --
> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 20:03           ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-23 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have run the ./first-setup.sh without the switch --context=beta and
I still get what I had before
ConTeXt  ver: 2009.01.18 14:39 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.23  int: english/
english
a beta version (I gather) which in any case does not work.

Apparently there is no easy way to go back. So what about going
forward? When will the ConTeXt minimals accessible by ./first-setup.sh
be updated?

A subsidiary worry. By moving the contents of my texmf folder into /
ContextMinimals/tex/texmf-project/ I now get duplicate pattern error
messages (lang-agr.pat is the culprit) when the shell script runs. But
there is only one lang-agr.pat file in ConTeXtMinimals, so what does
this mean? (There is no error message if I remove texmf-project before
running the script.)

Alan

On Feb 23, 2009, at 14;20,47 , Alan Bowen wrote:

> Thanks, Luigi.
>
> A.
> On Feb 23, 2009, at 13;26,48 , luigi scarso wrote:
>
>>> But one question before I do this: if I remove the --context=beta
>>> switch
>>> will running first-setup.sh install the last stable minimal version?
>>
>> yes, (it's written near the end of first-setup.sh)
>> --
>> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 20:15             ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-23 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> I have run the ./first-setup.sh without the switch --context=beta and I
> still get what I had before
> ConTeXt  ver: 2009.01.18 14:39 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.23  int: english/english
> a beta version (I gather) which in any case does not work.
> Apparently there is no easy way to go back. So what about going forward?
> When will the ConTeXt minimals accessible by ./first-setup.sh be updated?
> A subsidiary worry. By moving the contents of my texmf folder into
> /ContextMinimals/tex/texmf-project/ I now get duplicate pattern error
> messages (lang-agr.pat is the culprit) when the shell script runs. But there
> is only one lang-agr.pat file in ConTeXtMinimals, so what does this mean?
> (There is no error message if I remove texmf-project before running the
> script.)
> Alan

In similar situations I reinstall .
I can tell  my layout

1) /opt/luatex/minimals
for stable minimals
Here first-setup has  --context=beta removed

2) /opt/luatex/minimals-beta
for beta minimals

--
luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 20:24               ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-02-23 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
>> I have run the ./first-setup.sh without the switch --context=beta and I
>> still get what I had before
>> ConTeXt  ver: 2009.01.18 14:39 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.23  int: english/english
>> a beta version (I gather) which in any case does not work.
>> Apparently there is no easy way to go back. So what about going forward?
>> When will the ConTeXt minimals accessible by ./first-setup.sh be updated?
>> A subsidiary worry. By moving the contents of my texmf folder into
>> /ContextMinimals/tex/texmf-project/ I now get duplicate pattern error
>> messages (lang-agr.pat is the culprit) when the shell script runs. But there
>> is only one lang-agr.pat file in ConTeXtMinimals, so what does this mean?
>> (There is no error message if I remove texmf-project before running the
>> script.)
>> Alan
>
> In similar situations I reinstall .

I will echo that. Sometimes the easiest thing is to reinstall.

Then, rather than copying everything from ~/texmf, just download Thomas's
t-greek module from the garden and install it in texmf-project, and check
if everything works. If it does not, others will be able to follow your
steps and reproduce the problem.

Aditya

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 21:59                 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-23 21:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya and Luigi—many thanks.

I will reinstall the minimals just as soon as ./first-setup.sh can get
to a stable version. Your advice about texmf-project seems good to me.

I now have two shells (one for stable ConTeXt and one for betas) as
well.

Cheers, Alan
On Feb 23, 2009, at 15;24,20 , Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, luigi scarso wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
>> wrote:
>>> I have run the ./first-setup.sh without the switch --context=beta
>>> and I
>>> still get what I had before
>>> ConTeXt  ver: 2009.01.18 14:39 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.23  int: english/
>>> english
>>> a beta version (I gather) which in any case does not work.
>>> Apparently there is no easy way to go back. So what about going
>>> forward?
>>> When will the ConTeXt minimals accessible by ./first-setup.sh be
>>> updated?
>>> A subsidiary worry. By moving the contents of my texmf folder into
>>> /ContextMinimals/tex/texmf-project/ I now get duplicate pattern
>>> error
>>> messages (lang-agr.pat is the culprit) when the shell script runs.
>>> But there
>>> is only one lang-agr.pat file in ConTeXtMinimals, so what does
>>> this mean?
>>> (There is no error message if I remove texmf-project before
>>> running the
>>> script.)
>>> Alan
>>
>> In similar situations I reinstall .
>
> I will echo that. Sometimes the easiest thing is to reinstall.
>
> Then, rather than copying everything from ~/texmf, just download
> Thomas's t-greek module from the garden and install it in texmf-
> project, and check if everything works. If it does not, others will
> be able to follow your steps and reproduce the problem.
>

> Aditya

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-23 22:37                   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-02-23 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Aditya and Luigi—many thanks.
>
> I will reinstall the minimals just as soon as ./first-setup.sh can get to a
> stable version.

In first-setup.sh, remove --context=beta from the last line.

Aditya

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 12:43                     ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

The minimals (both the stable and the beta versions) in
contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/$platform/bin seem to be frozen at
2009.01.18 14;39.

I vaguely recall that there was going to be a mismatch between the
minimals on the Garden and the minimals at Pragma, but thought that
had been fixed, well, sort of.

In any case, my journal is being derailed by the fact that ConTeXt
2009.01.18 has a bug affecting the use of Latin Modern with  Thomas’
Greek module.

Alan

On Feb 23, 2009, at 17;37,22 , Aditya Mahajan wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Feb 2009, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> Aditya and Luigi—many thanks.
>>
>> I will reinstall the minimals just as soon as ./first-setup.sh can
>> get to a stable version.
>
> In first-setup.sh, remove --context=beta from the last line.
>
> Aditya___________________________________________________________________________________
> entry to the Wiki!

> wiki     : http://contextgarden.net

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 12:57                       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 24, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> The minimals (both the stable and the beta versions) in
> contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/$platform/bin seem to be frozen at
> 2009.01.18 14;39.
>
> I vaguely recall that there was going to be a mismatch between the
> minimals on the Garden and the minimals at Pragma, but thought that
> had been fixed, well, sort of.
>
> In any case, my journal is being derailed by the fact that ConTeXt
> 2009.01.18 has a bug affecting the use of Latin Modern with  Thomas’
> Greek module.
>
> Alan

mkdir ~/myminimal && cd ~/myminimal

rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .

./first-setup.sh --context=current

[lots of output snipped]

ctxtools --contextversion
CtxTools | context version: 2008.11.10 21:40

It's all explained at http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals

Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 13:04                       ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-24 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> The minimals (both the stable and the beta versions) in
> contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/$platform/bin seem to be frozen at
> 2009.01.18 14;39.
for me
minimals-beta/tex# context --version
MtxRun | main context file:
/opt/luatex/minimals-beta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
MtxRun | current version: 2009.01.18 14:39

minimals# context --version
MtxRun | main context file:
/opt/luatex/minimals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
MtxRun | current version: 2008.11.10 21:40

--
luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 13:20                         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 13:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas, Luigi—

Thanks for tips: they are much appreciated.

As it turns out, I had already reinstalled ConTeXt 2008.11.10 21:40
using TimeMachine.

What is distressing is that the problem remains. I can either set an
article with LM and Greek without proper scaling for the Greek or set
the article with LM and proper Greek  but without the footnotes
(arithmetic overflow).

In the first case, I have

\usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
\starttypescript[serif][default][size]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
\stoptypescript

and in the second

  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]

There is no problem with other text fonts, by the way.

Very frustrating to say the least.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 08;04,41 , luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> The minimals (both the stable and the beta versions) in
>> contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/$platform/bin seem to be frozen at
>> 2009.01.18 14;39.
> for me
> minimals-beta/tex# context --version
> MtxRun | main context file:
> /opt/luatex/minimals-beta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/
> context.tex
> MtxRun | current version: 2009.01.18 14:39
>

> minimals# context --version
> MtxRun | main context file:
> /opt/luatex/minimals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
> MtxRun | current version: 2008.11.10 21:40
>

> --
> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 13:28                           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-02-24 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> Thomas, Luigi—
>
> Thanks for tips: they are much appreciated.
>
> As it turns out, I had already reinstalled ConTeXt 2008.11.10 21:40
> using TimeMachine.
>
> What is distressing is that the problem remains. I can either set an
> article with LM and Greek without proper scaling for the Greek or set
> the article with LM and proper Greek  but without the footnotes
> (arithmetic overflow).
>
> In the first case, I have
>
> \usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
> \starttypescript[serif][default][size]
>   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> and in the second
>
>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
>
> There is no problem with other text fonts, by the way.

in order to solve this (not sure what the problem is) we need small test
files (since i never use greek i have no clue otherwise)

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 13:31                         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Corrected version!
********

Thomas, Luigi—

Thanks for tips: they are much appreciated.

As it turns out, I had already reinstalled ConTeXt 2008.11.10 21:40
using TimeMachine.

What is distressing is that the problem remains. I can either set an
article with LM and Greek without proper scaling for the Greek or set
the article with LM and proper Greek  but without the footnotes
(arithmetic overflow).

In the SECOND case, I have

\usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
\starttypescript[serif][default][size]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
\stoptypescript

and in the FIRST

  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]

There is no problem with other text fonts, by the way.

Very frustrating to say the least.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 08;04,41 , luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> The minimals (both the stable and the beta versions) in
>> contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/$platform/bin seem to be frozen at
>> 2009.01.18 14;39.
> for me
> minimals-beta/tex# context --version
> MtxRun | main context file:
> /opt/luatex/minimals-beta/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/
> context.tex
> MtxRun | current version: 2009.01.18 14:39
>

> minimals# context --version
> MtxRun | main context file:
> /opt/luatex/minimals/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex
> MtxRun | current version: 2008.11.10 21:40
>

> --
> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 13:50                           ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have tried to reproduce your problem, but I can't see anything -
Greek works in footnotes and with proper scaling here. Please make a
minimal example.

Thomas

On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:31 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Thomas, Luigi—
>
> Thanks for tips: they are much appreciated.
>
> As it turns out, I had already reinstalled ConTeXt 2008.11.10 21:40
> using TimeMachine.
>
> What is distressing is that the problem remains. I can either set an
> article with LM and Greek without proper scaling for the Greek or
> set the article with LM and proper Greek  but without the footnotes
> (arithmetic overflow).
>
> In the SECOND case, I have
>
> \usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
> \starttypescript[serif][default][size]
>   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> and in the FIRST
>
>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
>
> There is no problem with other text fonts, by the way.
>
> Very frustrating to say the least.
>
> Alan

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 13:54                             ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

This file will produce the problem:
\enableregime[mac]
\mainlanguage[en]

\usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
\starttypescript[serif][default][size]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
\stoptypescript

\setupbodyfont[lmodern,rm,10.5pt]

\usemodule[ancientgreek]
[font=GreekDioxipe,scale=2.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]

\setupfootnotes
[conversion
=numbers,way=bytext,location=page,rule=on,bodyfont=9.5pt,style=normal]

\starttext
This Greek should be scaled at 2.15 its design size
\localgreek{>'alfa ka`i b~hta}

This is more sample text.%
\footnote{This is a sample footnote}
\stoptext

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 08;28,26 , Hans Hagen wrote:

> Alan Bowen wrote:
>> Thomas, Luigi—
>> Thanks for tips: they are much appreciated.
>> As it turns out, I had already reinstalled ConTeXt 2008.11.10 21:40
>> using TimeMachine.
>> What is distressing is that the problem remains. I can either set
>> an article with LM and Greek without proper scaling for the Greek
>> or set the article with LM and proper Greek  but without the
>> footnotes (arithmetic overflow).
>> In the first case, I have
>> \usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
>> \starttypescript[serif][default][size]
>>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
>> \stoptypescript
>> and in the second
>> \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>> \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
>> There is no problem with other text fonts, by the way.
>
> in order to solve this (not sure what the problem is) we need small
> test files (since i never use greek i have no clue otherwise)
>
> Hans

>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 14:05                               ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I add this at the beginning of the file:

\definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]

\starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
   \definebodyfont
     [10.5pt] [rm] [default]
\stoptypescript

\definebodyfontenvironment[9.5pt]

  \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
    \definebodyfont
      [9.5pt] [rm] [default]
  \stoptypescript

the file compiles normally.

Thomas

On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> This file will produce the problem:
> \enableregime[mac]
> \mainlanguage[en]
>
> \usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
> \starttypescript[serif][default][size]
>   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \setupbodyfont[lmodern,rm,10.5pt]
>
> \usemodule[ancientgreek]
> [font=GreekDioxipe,scale=2.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]
>
> \setupfootnotes
> [conversion
> =numbers,way=bytext,location=page,rule=on,bodyfont=9.5pt,style=normal]
>
> \starttext
> This Greek should be scaled at 2.15 its design size
> \localgreek{>'alfa ka`i b~hta}
>
> This is more sample text.%
> \footnote{This is a sample footnote}
> \stoptext

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 14:46                                 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Thomas! Its does indeed compile. But the font size for the
Greek is still wrong.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 09;05,40 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> When I add this at the beginning of the file:
>

> \definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
>  \definebodyfont
>    [10.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>

> \definebodyfontenvironment[9.5pt]
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
>   \definebodyfont
>     [9.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> the file compiles normally.
>
> Thomas
>
> On Feb 24, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> This file will produce the problem:
>> \enableregime[mac]
>> \mainlanguage[en]
>>
>> \usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
>> \starttypescript[serif][default][size]
>>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
>>  \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
>> \stoptypescript
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[lmodern,rm,10.5pt]
>>
>> \usemodule[ancientgreek]
>> [font=GreekDioxipe,scale=2.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]
>>
>> \setupfootnotes
>> [conversion
>> =
>> numbers,way=bytext,location=page,rule=on,bodyfont=9.5pt,style=normal]
>>
>> \starttext
>> This Greek should be scaled at 2.15 its design size
>> \localgreek{>'alfa ka`i b~hta}
>>
>> This is more sample text.%
>> \footnote{This is a sample footnote}
>> \stoptext

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 15:01                                   ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 24, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Thanks, Thomas! Its does indeed compile. But the font size for the
> Greek is still wrong.
>
> Alan

With your test file, I get properly scaled Greek output both in text
and footnotes. So what is wrong with your output?

Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 15:13                                     ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Greek is not scaled at 2.15

See the attachment.

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: LMGreekTest.pdf --]

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10;01,44 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Thomas! Its does indeed compile. But the font size for the
>> Greek is still wrong.
>>
>> Alan
>
> With your test file, I get properly scaled Greek output both in text
> and footnotes. So what is wrong with your output?
>
> Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 15:22                                       ` Thomas A. Schmitz
                                                           ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> The Greek is not scaled at 2.15
>
> See the attachment.
>
> Alan

Here's my output:

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 15:42                                         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, that is what it should be. So the problem is definitely on my
box. But where? I have no idea right now about how to test this further.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10;22,01 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> The Greek is not scaled at 2.15
>>
>> See the attachment.
>>
>> Alan
>
> Here's my output:
>
> <test.pdf>

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 15:53                                         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas—

Did you test this on a Mac?

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10;22,01 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> The Greek is not scaled at 2.15
>>
>> See the attachment.
>>
>> Alan
>
> Here's my output:
>
> <test.pdf>

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 16:00                                           ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Well, that is what it should be. So the problem is definitely on my
> box. But where? I have no idea right now about how to test this
> further.
>
> Alan

I'm aware we have made you install lots of versions, in vain.
Nevertheless, I would suggest trying the current beta version. It is
broken wrt mkiv, but you are still using mkii, right? So from my
earlier mail:

mkdir ~/alphaminimal && cd ~/alphaminimal

rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .

./first-setup.sh --context=alpha

You will get errors when the installation tries to create the luatex
formats; just ignore them; mkii should be fine. At least, that's what
I used here to produce the pdf. Be sure to adapt your environment
variables and $PATH so you use this new version, not the older ones on
your system.

Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 16:03                                           ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:53 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Thomas—
>
> Did you test this on a Mac?
>
> Alan

Yes:

sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.5.6
BuildVersion:	9G55

ctxtools --contextversion
CtxTools | context version: 2009.02.17 18:50 (/Users/tas/context/tex/
texmf-context/tex/context/base/context.tex)
CtxTools | context version: 2009.02.17 18:50 (/Users/tas/context/tex/
texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex)

Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 16:12                                         ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas—

Before I turn to your other messages (which I will follow up on, since
I prefer very much to be current).

\usemodule[oldgreek]
[font=GreekDioxipe,scale=2.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]

instead of \usemodule[ancientgreek]...

  gives the desired output.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 10;22,01 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> The Greek is not scaled at 2.15
>>
>> See the attachment.
>>
>> Alan
>
> Here's my output:
>
> <test.pdf>

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 16:52                                             ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK. I now have alphaminimal up and running (ConTeXt  ver: 2009.02.17
18:50 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.24  int: english/english). (The only change is
that I have it in my Applications folder).

The test file

\enableregime[mac]
\mainlanguage[en]

\definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]

%\usetypescript[lmodern][\defaultencoding]
%\starttypescript[serif][default][size]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][rm][default]
   \definebodyfont[9.5pt,10.5pt][mm][default]
%\stoptypescript

\setupbodyfont[lmodern,rm,10.5pt]

\usemodule[ancientgreek]
[font=GreekDioxipe,scale=2.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]
%\usemodule[oldgreek]
[font=GreekDioxipe,scale=2.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]

\setupfootnotes
[conversion
=numbers,way=bytext,location=page,rule=on,bodyfont=9.5pt,style=normal]

\starttext
This Greek should be scaled at 2.15 its design size
\localgreek{>'alfa ka`i b~hta}

This is more sample text.%
\footnote{This is a sample footnote}

\stoptext

processes but the Greek is still the wrong size.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 11;00,00 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 4:42 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> Well, that is what it should be. So the problem is definitely on my
>> box. But where? I have no idea right now about how to test this
>> further.
>>
>> Alan
>>

> I'm aware we have made you install lots of versions, in vain.
> Nevertheless, I would suggest trying the current beta version. It is
> broken wrt mkiv, but you are still using mkii, right? So from my
> earlier mail:
>
> mkdir ~/alphaminimal && cd ~/alphaminimal
>
> rsync -ptv rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .
>
> ./first-setup.sh --context=alpha
>
> You will get errors when the installation tries to create the luatex
> formats; just ignore them; mkii should be fine. At least, that's
> what I used here to produce the pdf. Be sure to adapt your
> environment variables and $PATH so you use this new version, not the
> older ones on your system.
>
> Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 17:36                                               ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas—

I updated my original ConTeXtMinimals with --context=alpha (ConTeXt
ver: 2009.02.24 16:36 MKII) and tried the test file.

By the way, I got the same errors as before when the install script
came to luatex, so I guess that is still broken.

Anyway, no joy: the Greek is still the wrong size using
\usemodule[ancientgreek].

Alan

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 17:47                                                 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-02-24 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Thomas—
>
> I updated my original ConTeXtMinimals with --context=alpha (ConTeXt
> ver: 2009.02.24 16:36 MKII) and tried the test file.
>
> By the way, I got the same errors as before when the install script
> came to luatex, so I guess that is still broken.
>
> Anyway, no joy: the Greek is still the wrong size using
> \usemodule[ancientgreek].
>
> Alan

Yes, because you haven't added the lines

\definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]

\starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
  \definebodyfont
    [10.5pt] [rm] [default]
\stoptypescript

\definebodyfontenvironment[9.5pt]

\starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
   \definebodyfont
     [9.5pt] [rm] [default]
\stoptypescript

I get the expected output here.

Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 18:23                                                   ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks, Thomas, it now works as it should! Repairing the way I had
installed LM was the solution. I am not sure how you got the desired
output using my original test file, but never mind. It now works, the
journal can proceed, and I am very grateful for your guidance in
sorting this out.

All best, Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 12;47,55 , Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Alan Bowen wrote:
>
>> Thomas—
>>
>> I updated my original ConTeXtMinimals with --context=alpha
>> (ConTeXt  ver: 2009.02.24 16:36 MKII) and tried the test file.
>>
>> By the way, I got the same errors as before when the install script
>> came to luatex, so I guess that is still broken.
>>
>> Anyway, no joy: the Greek is still the wrong size using
>> \usemodule[ancientgreek].
>>
>> Alan
>>
> Yes, because you haven't added the lines
>
> \definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
> \definebodyfont
>   [10.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>

> \definebodyfontenvironment[9.5pt]
>
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
>  \definebodyfont
>    [9.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> I get the expected output here.
>
> Thomas

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 18:41                                                     ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-24 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> Thanks, Thomas, it now works as it should! Repairing the way I had installed
> LM was the solution. I am not sure how you got the desired output using my
> original test file, but never mind. It now works, the journal can proceed,
> and I am very grateful for your guidance in sorting this out.
I dont' understand a thing:
does "LM" refer to the fonts under
/minimals/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm
?
If yes, why did you  installed them ?
They come with minimals .

--
luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 18:49                                                       ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luigi---

I did this because I thought it was necessary (in MKII at least)  to
install/define fonts after setting up margin kerning and hanging
punctuation---which means that Latin Modern has be re-installed/re-
defined if margin kerning etc are to take effect. Is this still right?
(Perhaps I am not using the right terminology.)

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 13;41,26 , luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:23 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> Thanks, Thomas, it now works as it should! Repairing the way I had
>> installed
>> LM was the solution. I am not sure how you got the desired output
>> using my
>> original test file, but never mind. It now works, the journal can
>> proceed,
>> and I am very grateful for your guidance in sorting this out.
> I dont' understand a thing:
> does "LM" refer to the fonts under
> /minimals/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm
> ?
> If yes, why did you  installed them ?
> They come with minimals .
>
> --
> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 18:59                                                         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-24 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> Luigi---
> I did this because I thought it was necessary (in MKII at least)  to
> install/define fonts after setting up margin kerning and hanging
> punctuation---which means that Latin Modern has be re-installed/re-defined
> if margin kerning etc are to take effect. Is this still right? (Perhaps I am
> not using the right terminology.)
> Alan
Well, I had never used
margin kerning and hanging punctuation
but I don't think that  a font
must  be re-installed

@ 2009-02-24 19:51                                                           ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not every font, Luigi. Just Latin Modern because  ConTeXt comes with
it installed already.

I am assuming, of course, that it is still true that margin kerning
etc. must de set up before a font is installed for it to affect that
font.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 13;59,12 , luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> Luigi---
>> I did this because I thought it was necessary (in MKII at least)  to
>> install/define fonts after setting up margin kerning and hanging
>> punctuation---which means that Latin Modern has be re-installed/re-
>> defined
>> if margin kerning etc are to take effect. Is this still right?
>> (Perhaps I am
>> not using the right terminology.)
>> Alan
> Well, I had never used
> margin kerning and hanging punctuation
> but I don't think that  a font
> must  be re-installed
> if margin kerning etc are to take effect .
>

> --
> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 19:57                                                           ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-02-24 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
>> Luigi---
>> I did this because I thought it was necessary (in MKII at least)  to
>> install/define fonts after setting up margin kerning and hanging
>> punctuation---which means that Latin Modern has be re-installed/re-defined
>> if margin kerning etc are to take effect. Is this still right? (Perhaps I am
>> not using the right terminology.)
>> Alan
> Well, I had never used
> margin kerning and hanging punctuation
> but I don't think that  a font
> must  be re-installed
> if margin kerning etc are to take effect .

I think that Alan means that you need to reset the font, as
explained in
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Protrusion#Use_with_Latin_Modern

Aditya

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 20:12                                                             ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

That is what he means, Aditya! *–) Many thanks. A.

@ 2009-02-24 20:21                                                         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-02-24 20:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> Luigi---
>
> I did this because I thought it was necessary (in MKII at least)  to
> install/define fonts after setting up margin kerning and hanging
> punctuation---which means that Latin Modern has be
> re-installed/re-defined if margin kerning etc are to take effect. Is
> this still right? (Perhaps I am not using the right terminology.)

hm, margin kerning does not demands reinstallation; it only needs to be
initialized at the right time because fonts are reused and enabling hz
for some font that already has been defined is ignored (in mkii) which
is due to the way traditional tex caches fonts

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 20:26                                                           ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, does MKIV do away with this requirement, Hans?

Alan

@ 2009-02-24 20:32                                                               ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-24 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> That is what he means, Aditya! *–) Many thanks. A.
ah ok. this one
\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
\setupalign[hanging]
\usetypescript[modern-base][texnansi]  % a simplified latin-modern typescript
\setupbodyfont[reset]
\setupbodyfont[modern]

In mkii usually with "font installation"  one means run texfont (with
appropriate switches ) on a set of fonts .
If a font is installed correctly, this font can be "loaded" , or
.better, made available to the engine

But in in mkiv there is no need for texfont so fonts installation is
more easy: just copy them into the right places, and it's all ok.

--
luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 20:49                                                             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-02-24 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alan Bowen wrote:
> So, does MKIV do away with this requirement, Hans?

yes

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 20:52                                                                 ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-24 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luigi—

I do not know if what you suggest will work with Thomas’ Greek module.
What I have now (thanks to Thomas) in my environment file is:

[...]

\def\grk{\localgreek}
\def\altgrk{\localaltgreek}

\setupfontsynonym[GreekDioxipe][handling=greekpure]
\setupfontsynonym[GreekCanonica][handling=greekpure]

and this does work with all the bells and whistles.

Alan

On Feb 24, 2009, at 15;32,29 , luigi scarso wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu>
> wrote:
>> That is what he means, Aditya! *–) Many thanks. A.
> ah ok. this one
> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
> \setupalign[hanging]
> \usetypescript[modern-base][texnansi]  % a simplified latin-modern
> typescript
> \setupbodyfont[reset]
> \setupbodyfont[modern]
>
> In mkii usually with "font installation"  one means run texfont (with
> appropriate switches ) on a set of fonts .
> If a font is installed correctly, this font can be "loaded" , or
> .better, made available to the engine
>
> But in in mkiv there is no need for texfont so fonts installation is
> more easy: just copy them into the right places, and it's all ok.
>
> --
> luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-24 21:05                                                                   ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-02-24 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

good .

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
> Luigi—
> I do not know if what you suggest will work with Thomas’ Greek module. What
> I have now (thanks to Thomas) in my environment file is:
> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono,mm][hanging][normal]
> \setupalign[hz,hanging]
> \setupfootnotes[align={hz,hanging}]
> \startfonthandling[greekpure]
> \defineprotrudefactor . 0 1
> \defineprotrudefactor , 0 1
> \defineprotrudefactor ; 0 1
> \defineprotrudefactor ? 0 1
> \defineprotrudefactor - 0 1
> \defineprotrudefactor hyphen 0 1
> \defineprotrudefactor endash 0 .5
> \defineprotrudefactor emdash 0 .33
> \stopfonthandling
> \setupencoding[default=ec]
> \definebodyfontenvironment[10.5pt]
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
> \definebodyfont [10.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
> \definebodyfontenvironment[9.5pt]
> \starttypescript [serif] [default] [size]
> \definebodyfont[9.5pt] [rm] [default]
> \stoptypescript
> \setupbodyfont[lmodern,rm,10.5pt]
> \usemodule[ancientgreek][font=GreekDioxipe,scale=1.15,altfont=GreekCanonica,altscale=0.9]
> \def\grk{\localgreek}
> \def\altgrk{\localaltgreek}
> \setupfontsynonym[GreekDioxipe][handling=greekpure]
> \setupfontsynonym[GreekCanonica][handling=greekpure]
> and this does work with all the bells and whistles.
> Alan
>
> On Feb 24, 2009, at 15;32,29 , luigi scarso wrote:
>
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Alan Bowen <acbowen@princeton.edu> wrote:
>
> That is what he means, Aditya! *–) Many thanks. A.
>
> ah ok. this one
> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
> \setupalign[hanging]
> \usetypescript[modern-base][texnansi]  % a simplified latin-modern
> typescript
> \setupbodyfont[reset]
> \setupbodyfont[modern]
>
> In mkii usually with "font installation"  one means run texfont (with
> appropriate switches ) on a set of fonts .
> If a font is installed correctly, this font can be "loaded" , or
> .better, made available to the engine
>
> But in in mkiv there is no need for texfont so fonts installation is
> more easy: just copy them into the right places, and it's all ok.
>
> --
> luigi

luigi

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-25 13:23             ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-02-25 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 21:03, Alan Bowen wrote:
> I have run the ./first-setup.sh without the switch --context=beta and I
> still get what I had before
> ConTeXt  ver: 2009.01.18 14:39 MKII  fmt: 2009.2.23  int: english/english
> a beta version (I gather) which in any case does not work.

If you remove --context=beta you should (at least in theory) get the
"current". At the moment this exceptionally doesn't correspond with
the "current" version on Pragma because what's in current doesn't work
with the latest released luatex beta.

Also, --context=beta exceptionally doesn't correspond to the true beta
from pragma, because the current beta doesn't work with the latest
released luatex beta.

If you want to go back in time with ConTeXt, you can use
--context=yyyy.mm.dd (see
http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/context/).

You can also use --context=alpha or --context=experimental, but we
don't have all the needed binaries set up, so in that case you
probably need to compile luatex yourself (I'll try to fix that once I
get back home).

alpha = alpha from Pragma if one is available, else beta, else current
(if there's no beta)

> Apparently there is no easy way to go back. So what about going forward?
> When will the ConTeXt minimals accessible by ./first-setup.sh be updated?

current: whenever Hans releases a new current
beta: whenever the next luatex beta will be released
alpha, experimental: updated hourly, but don't work out of the box
without using your own luatex

> A subsidiary worry. By moving the contents of my texmf folder into
> /ContextMinimals/tex/texmf-project/ I now get duplicate pattern error
> messages (lang-agr.pat is the culprit) when the shell script runs. But there
> is only one lang-agr.pat file in ConTeXtMinimals, so what does this mean?
> (There is no error message if I remove texmf-project before running the
> script.)

Totally weird. Taco? Hans?

Mojca

* Re: LM typsescript problem
@ 2009-02-25 14:01               ` Alan Bowen
From: Alan Bowen @ 2009-02-25 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Many thanks for this explanation of what works now, Mocja.

I am going to move my luatex problem (which you mention below) back to
its original thread. (If only because it is really nice to tie off the
LM problem and call it solved.).

Alan