* [Fwd: Re: math preview in emacs]
@ 2009-03-05 21:24 Mohamed Bana
From: Mohamed Bana @ 2009-03-05 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

has anyone else looked at providing math preview with ConTeXt?

[-- Attachment #2: Re: math preview in emacs.eml --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2449 bytes --]

From: Aditya Mahajan <adityam@umich.edu>
To: Mohamed Bana <mbana.lists@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: math preview in emacs
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 13:41:09 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Mohamed Bana wrote:

> hi Aditya,
>
> maybe i should have been more explicit in my last email.  auctex supports
> maths preview for latex, i was wondering how far you got on it.

Hi Mohamed,

I did not explore emacs too much. At present for context, I find vim much
better (simply because I know vim very well). I rarely use latex these
days, so there is not much incentive to learn emacs. I might look at this
again in future if I have to use latex in a large project.

One thing that I never understood was why it is hard to port preview-latex
to ConTeXt, especially for displays. For displays and floats, all preview
latex does is create a pdf/png; in ConTeXt, we can get that easily by
using \startTEXpage ... \stopTEXpage around the environment. I assume that
this would be easy for someone who knows the inner working of AucTeX. For
me it is a long term project, which I will get to some day.

Best,
Aditya

* Re: [Fwd: Re: math preview in emacs]
@ 2009-03-06  8:07 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-03-06  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:24 PM, Mohamed Bana
<mbana.lists@googlemail.com> wrote:
> has anyone else looked at providing math preview with ConTeXt?
my long-long-long...long term project
http://www.texmacs.org/

--
luigi