On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz < thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de> wrote: > > On Apr 6, 2009, at 3:11 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > > This has nothing to do with Hans' beta. See >> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/48892 >> but I'm clueless. The binaries have been compiled on Debian Etch. Does >> pdfTeX work on your machine? >> >> Mojca >> > > Hi Mojca, > > I usually run a luatex binary I have compiled myself, but when I simply > tried to run the script to update the minimals, I got the same error as > Luigi, on Debian lenny. Etch is really dated now, any chance to update? I > assume the libstdc++ version on most Linux distros will be more recent: > Debian is never on the cutting edge, and using an ancient version of Debian > is unlikely to make things better... > It can happen on older systems (as a server of mine) : but for example under Ubunto 8.04 -- my laptop -- I have installed libstdc++5 easily and there is no error. Maybe you can try to install libstdc++5 on you linux box too, should be not a problem (well, debian it's a bit hard-and-pure.... this is why now I like ubunto ) . Anyway, as far I understand ,next release should be ok. -- luigi