On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:59 AM, Mojca Miklavec < mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com> wrote: > On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 11:02, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote: > > > > On Apr 6, 2009, at 3:11 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote: > > > >> This has nothing to do with Hans' beta. See > >> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/48892 > >> but I'm clueless. The binaries have been compiled on Debian Etch. Does > >> pdfTeX work on your machine? > >> > >> Mojca > > > > Hi Mojca, > > > > I usually run a luatex binary I have compiled myself, but when I simply > > tried to run the script to update the minimals, I got the same error as > > Luigi, on Debian lenny. > > Etch is really dated now, any chance to update? > > To be honest, it was the other way around: I was trying hard to find a > chance to compile on *as old machine as possible*. Compiling on > cutting-edge linux would be much more trivial than compiling on Debian > Etch, but then Luigi comes and starts complaining that the binaries > compiled on Taco's server (that runs a reasonably new linux) don't > work on his distribution. > on one of my server -- my laptop is ok . It's a bit messy situation , I understand. > > Since Taco promissed to change this library dependency this week, I > would prefer to wait on his patch. me too -- I'm sure that this will disappear . > > On the other hand, since luatex is already almost-broken anyway, ??? > it > might make less demage if we make it work on recent distributions than > if we make it work on older distributions. I leave that decision to > Taco. > I vote for recent distro (just my one cent ) -- luigi