On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM, Piotr Kopszak wrote: > Dear all, > > I am close to give up, but maybe there is a solution... I have a book > to typeset literally peppered with hundreds of little drawings which > are supposed to appear irregularly surrounded by text flowing around > them on all sides. > -------------------------------- > |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | > |xxxxx-----xxxxxxxxxxxxxx| > |xxxxx| |xxxxxx----xxxx | > |xxxxx|__|xxxxxx| |xxxx| > |xxxxxxxxxxxxxx |__|xxxx| > |xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx| > -------------------------------- > > I naively imagine that should not be that hard to implement ;) Since > we already have overlays it's no problem to place images in arbitrary > places. It only remains to drill white holes in the text to make room > for them. What about such procedure: > > 1. While building the line TeX checks if there is any overlay ahead. > 2 if so, it puts empty hbox of the overlay width when it reaches > necessary distance from the edge. > 3. and does so for the number of lines which equal overlay height. > > Of course that leaves aside the problem of justification and without > justification such page would probably look very ugly (I dare not to > think if hz optimization, which I really got used to, would still > work). > Is there still hope I could stay with ConTeXt this time as well? > > Many thanks for any ideas in advance > can you post a little example ? -- luigi