On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote: > > > luigi scarso wrote: > > > So I don't understand how OO "transform" this opentype in a Type1 , > > > > I guess that that is not hard when a document uses no more than 256 > > glyphs from the font. > > > > > > yes, a sort of creation of font encodings at fly for more than 256 > > glyphs -- but why ? > > Maybe to get around that bug^H^H^Hfeature in AR8 and AR9 it's a bug of AR8 and AR9 , IMHO . AR7 shows it ok; AR5 says it's a broken pdf . > > Also, does it fix em size, given that this appears to be the root of the > > problem ? > > No, it fixes nothing. It just works around the issue. The cause of > the problem is that AR8 and AR9 *require* Type0 fonts to have 1000 > units/em, otherwise the glyph drawing routine outputs an incorrectly > scaled object. There is no such limitation for Type1C fonts, and > that is why it works ok there (at least for now, who knows what AR10 > will bring ...) > And aren't we able to do the same trick -- even with a lots of unreadable macros -- in luatex ? -- luigi