On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 1:08 PM, Arthur Reutenauer < arthur.reutenauer@normalesup.org> wrote: > > arthur told me that can arise rounding errors. > > You have to remember I used to be a mathematician. I say things that > are meant to be true, not meant to be helpful :-) > > If you want to be sure that LuaTeX's output looks right in the most > recent versions of Adobe Reader, editing the font is the way to go > (although there might be license issues with commercial fonts). Of > course conversion is not perfect, but you can't have it both way! > Besides, the metrics won't change if you only modify upm; only the > outlines do. > > > I should try to convert to Type1 instead > > That should indeed work if you don't need more than 256 glyphs in the > font (are you *sure* you don't?). > > Arthur > what I mean is: chose an encoding convert otf to type1 as is, make a pdf with mkiv check if it's ok. It's only for experiment , of course: Fell type come with a native ttf edition which is OK (or better, really OK), and one should chose this one to avoid any problems (so eventually I can compare pdfs ). -- luigi