On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:11 PM, Hans Hagen wrote: > Peter Münster wrote: > >> Hello, >> >> I would like to activate a remapper in a style or module file. How could >> this be done? >> >> I tried this without success: >> >> \defineremapper[filterItem] >> \remapcharacter[filterItem][`•]{\item} >> \appendtoks \startfilterItem \to \everystarttext >> \prependtoks \stopfilterItem \to \everystoptext >> > > > kep in mind that the remapper is just a hack and will not be extended etc > etc; i'm not going to handle interferences with other mechanisms > > Hans > I think the point is this : in some situations one find useful to convert things like • in macros like \item . Of course, it can be done with preprocessing , or with some ad-hoc macros in lua code , etc So, apart \remapcharacter, are there any other safe ways to "remap character" ? -- luigi