On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 9:06 AM, Yue Wang wrote: > On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:29 PM, luigi scarso > wrote: > >> > >> Anyway, I highly respect the ConTeXt and LuaTeX's work. > >> But if Taco and Hans can : > >> > >> - use a proper regexp library (like lrexlib?), not the silly lpeg > > > > PEG are not silly at all. PEG *include* regex, but not viceversa, > > and it seems to have the same power of CFG, so you can build a parser > for > > pratically anything > > (and you can not do this with regex) . > > Perhaps the reverse sentence has more sense: drop the "silly" (?) regex, > use > > the new peg. > > For what I know the reverse side of lpeg is that a file must be loaded in > > memory completly. > > Well, I don't like to know what kind of thing is superior ... micro > kernel is superior than monolithic kernel, but... > Wrong paragon . >From *mathematical* point of view, the set of all regular languages are a subset of PEG languages . PEG are more powerful than regex --it's not an opinion, it's a fact. > The key reason for this is, more people are familiar with regexp. so > if you can build a 100% compatible regexp module on top of lpeg in > ConTeXt, it will be ok, or even better... > We already have lua for simple string manipulation, and lpeg for other stuffs . Again we don't need regex . > > > >> - full support of xslt:) > > > > why not xquery too? Are mkiv supposed to be a full xml processor ? > > > No. I mean the user can have an option to convert an xml (that is, a > context document) using (maybe external) xslt tool. > This won't be too difficult to implement ... > hmm, external tools call for platform /SO issue ... Personally xsltproc in linux it's OK -- I don't need an integration , I prefear separations of concerns. > > > A bit of xslt can be done with lpeg (and not regex), > > a bit == far from all > It's enough for simple xml processing . If you need more, are you sure that you are using the right tool ? > > >> Things might be a lot better... > > > > and worse too . > > Things are now a lot better than before ,IMMO . > > > > it should be. > It is . -- luigi