On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Maurí­cio wrote: > I've been doing some searching on how to create my own fonts. If > possible, I would like to be able to write my own program to > at least draw glyphs, even if I have to resort to other tools > to describe hinting, kerning and ligatures. > immo, 1) draw by hand some glyphs, so you have an objective piece of paper of what you want 2) search on Internet for a font that looks like what you (think) to want 3) starting from this font, make some modifications of glyphs that you have drawn with fontforge or metapost With fontforge, you can even make countours from images , and with a bit of hack from MetaFont too. -- luigi