On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 8:59 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote: > On 28 Jun 2009, at 19:17, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote: > > Am 2009-06-26 um 19:33 schrieb Gerben Wierda: >> >> \typefile balks on filenames with $ characters in their names. Anything I >>> can do about that? >>> >> >> Rename the file. It's an error if characters like that appear in a file >> name. >> > > You could even rename it using Lua from within your TeX code. >> > > In my book, moving to a beta product or not accepting what is a vaild > filename according to the filesystem is a limitation of the program. Not > ConTeXt or TeX defines what a valid filename is, the OS decides. > TeX (and ConTeXt) try hard to be OS independant , so I find natural some "limitations" > > I do not decide what the names of these files are, someone else produces > them, and my work flow should be able to handle all valid filenames. > Well, my experience is that leave to the users this prerogative is not safe. I always transform a filename in safe filename, process it, and eventually transform back the name . -- luigi