* off topic: math symbols for latex
@ 2009-07-17 19:02 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2009-07-17 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

this is a nice website where you can draw a symbol with your mouse and
the site will tell you how you get the symbol in LaTeX. Again, LaTeX tries to
be one step ahead... :)

http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html

(found on the Mac OS X TeX mailing list)

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: off topic: math symbols for latex
@ 2009-07-17 21:07 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-07-17 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 21:02, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a nice website where you can draw a symbol with your mouse and
> the site will tell you how you get the symbol in LaTeX. Again, LaTeX tries to
> be one step ahead... :)
>
> http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html
>
> (found on the Mac OS X TeX mailing list)

This tool is a few days (ok, maybe weeks) old. Most symbols are equal
anyway, but I'm sure that you can convince the author to add ConTeXt
commands as well. (He claims to be LaTeX beginner, so handling ConTeXt
should be equally trivial for him :)

Mojca

* Re: off topic: math symbols for latex
@ 2009-07-17 22:50 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-07-17 22:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Patrick Gundlach <patrick@gundla.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this is a nice website where you can draw a symbol with your mouse and
> the site will tell you how you get the symbol in LaTeX. Again, LaTeX tries
> be one step ahead... :)
>
> http://detexify.kirelabs.org/classify.html

 http://www.imgseek.net/index.html

more general than symbols
--
luigi

* Re: off topic: math symbols for latex
@ 2009-07-18 11:19   ` Yue Wang
From: Yue Wang @ 2009-07-18 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

you definitely want to try the equation editor distributed in Windows 7!

http://att.newsmth.net/att.php?p.460.288125.214.png