* The header/footer settings compared to fancyhdr
@ 2009-10-03 15:25 Joshua Lee
From: Joshua Lee @ 2009-10-03 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi All,
How to setup the complicated header/footer compared to LaTeX fancyhdr
package? For example, how to use change line from the header/footer like
follow LaTeX code?
<code>
 \pagestyle{fancy}
 \headheight 35pt
 \fancyhf{} %delete current setting of header and footer
 \renewcommand{\sectionmark}[1]{\markright{\thesection\ #1}}
 \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{1pt}
 \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.6pt}
 \lhead{\bfseries \rightmark}
 \chead{\textbf{\thepage}}%
 \rhead{\usebox{\mylogo}}
 \lfoot{}
 \cfoot{
 \begin{tabular}{c}
     \textbf{Copyright 2009, My Company}\\
     \small{You are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work}\\
 \end{tabular}}%
 \rfoot{}
</code>

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Joshua

* Re: The header/footer settings compared to fancyhdr
@ 2009-10-03 15:34 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
       [not found]   ` <20091003155837.GA16550@josh-dev.alphanetworks.com>
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2009-10-03 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:25 PM, Joshua Lee wrote:

> Hi All,
> How to setup the complicated header/footer compared to LaTeX fancyhdr
> package? For example, how to use change line from the header/footer
> like
> follow LaTeX code?
> <code>
> \pagestyle{fancy}
> \headheight 35pt
> \fancyhf{} %delete current setting of header and footer
> \renewcommand{\sectionmark}[1]{\markright{\thesection\ #1}}
> \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{1pt}
> \renewcommand{\footrulewidth}{0.6pt}
> \lhead{\bfseries \rightmark}
> \chead{\textbf{\thepage}}%
> \rhead{\usebox{\mylogo}}
> \lfoot{}
> \cfoot{
> \begin{tabular}{c}
>     \textbf{Copyright 2009, My Company}\\
>     \small{You are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform
> the work}\\
> \end{tabular}}%
> \rfoot{}
> </code>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Joshua

Nobody here knows what this code does. This is the ConTeXt mailing
list, you know.

Thomas

* Re: The header/footer settings compared to fancyhdr
       [not found]     ` <AAD953E1-9E92-435E-A63D-E6252983C7D9@uni-bonn.de>
@ 2009-10-04 15:50       ` Joshua Lee
From: Joshua Lee @ 2009-10-04 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Thomas,
Thanks, the frametext is an elegant way. ConTeXt is worth taking more
time to study.

Best regards,
Joshua

On Sun, 04 Oct 2009, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Oct 3, 2009, at 5:58 PM, Joshua Lee wrote:
>
> >Hi Thomas,
> >Sorry about that, attach the pdf file for the result. ConTeXt should
> >have the capability to implement the similar effect, but i can not
> >find
> >it from the wiki or mailing list.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Joshua
>
> Here is something similar to what you have in your example (and
> compared to your LaTeX code, I find the ConTeXt way of coding this
> wonderfully simple and elegant):
>
> \startsetups[header]
>   \framed[width=\textwidth,frame=off,bottomframe=on,align=right]
>     {\rlap{\headnumber[chapter] \getmarking[chapter]}
>      \hfill
>      \pagenumber
>      \hfill
>      \llap{\externalfigure[cow][height=1cm]}}
> \stopsetups
>
> \startsetups[footer]
>   \framed[width=\textwidth,frame=off,topframe=on,align=center]
>     {{\bf Copyright 2009, My Company} \\ Blablabla}
> \stopsetups
>
> \setupheadertexts[\setups{header}]
>
> \setupfootertexts[\setups{footer}]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{One}
>
> Hello World
>
> \stoptext
>
> The main reference is the file
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/cont-eni.pdf , you want to
> read the sections on headers and footers and on framing (\framed is
> one of the most powerful and versatile commands in ConTeXt).
>
> HTH
>
> Thomas

Joshua Lee
Alpha Networks(Chengdu) Co., LTD
Shanghai Branch

TEL: (86-21)61609650 EXT: 8020
FAX: (86-21)61609650 EXT: 8041
ADD: Suite 301, No.10, 198 Lane, Zhangheng Road,
     ZJ Hi-Tech Park, Shanghai, China 201204

* Re: The header/footer settings compared to fancyhdr
@ 2009-10-04 21:46         ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2009-10-04 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)